I need a new (possibly used) phone before the new BlackBerry comes out. My guess is that I won't get the new one before year end. And my Key2 doesn't cut it anymore. Processor damn slow and camera often switches off due to over heating (hot country).

What would be a good Interim substitute?
    05-10-21 02:37 AM
    I need a new (possibly used) phone before the new BlackBerry comes out. My guess is that I won't get the new one before year end. And my Key2 doesn't cut it anymore. Processor damn slow and camera often switches off due to over heating (hot country).

Pixel 4a?
    LaGrua00 likes this.
    05-10-21 05:59 AM

I think that the key2 and the LE are the last blackberry devices...if you don't like one of them, it's time to move on as I am planning too.
    phuoc likes this.
    05-10-21 06:44 AM
    my Key2 doesn't cut it anymore. Processor damn slow and camera often switches off due to over heating
    Was about to suggest a KEYᵒⁿᵉ but sounds like that might disappoint. Still loving mine tho and typing this on it right now hehe
    Flatman, bh7171 and saint300 like this.
    05-10-21 06:57 PM
    The world is sort of your oyster here because it's not as if a BB phone has been relevant in three years - some would argue longer, but the Key2 was definitely a very solid choice for any holdout in 2018. You could frankly still pick up a Key2 if they weren't so ridiculously overpriced in the used market considering it's still evidently getting patched (as long as you're in N/A).
    05-11-21 12:52 AM
    You could frankly still pick up a Key2 if they weren't so ridiculously overpriced in the used market considering it's still evidently getting patched (as long as you're in N/A).
    Any KEY2 can be patched via an autoloader as long as it's not then Indian, Russian or Chinese variants.
    05-11-21 06:37 AM
    Pixel 4a?
    Apple I phone?
    05-11-21 09:13 AM
    Apple I phone?
    If they are looking for a bridging phone, sticking with Android may be a better solution.
    05-11-21 09:25 AM
    If they are looking for a bridging phone, sticking with Android may be a better solution.
    Agree if trying to slip in something between a KEY2 and Onward's new Android phone... sticking with an Android device is best. Something affordable and easy to sell, if the Onward device shows up and is a real consideration (might not be coming to all countries).

Not sure what "hot country" he is in, but market could look very different than what most of us see.... so I fall back to what are family and friends using.
    05-11-21 09:46 AM
    Agree if trying to slip in something between a KEY2 and Onward's new Android phone... sticking with an Android device is best. Something affordable and easy to sell, if the Onward device shows up and is a real consideration (might not be coming to all countries).

Not sure what "hot country" he is in, but market could look very different than what most of us see.... so I fall back to what are family and friends using.
    Ay!!! Chihuahua….. Es muy caliente aqui
    LaGrua00 likes this.
    05-11-21 09:55 AM
    sticking with an Android device is best. Something affordable and easy to sell
    I don't know about affordable these days, but the KEY2 is really easy to sell...on eBay here at least lol
    05-11-21 11:16 AM
    I don't know about affordable these days, but the KEY2 is really easy to sell...on eBay here at least lol
    I would argue that "easy to sell on eBay" is only viable if the asking price is logical; in most cases it isn't.

Here, is another story, and prices I've seen are more down to earth, mostly.
    05-11-21 12:12 PM
    His KEY2 has issues...

He is looking for something in-between it and the OM device... that's what needs to be affordable and easy to sell.
    05-11-21 01:01 PM
    You can likely find a tcl 10l or 10 pro pretty cheap right now. Using the 10 pro while waiting for the new BlackBerry.
    05-11-21 03:42 PM
    You can likely find a tcl 10l or 10 pro pretty cheap right now. Using the 10 pro while waiting for the new BlackBerry.
    TCL isn't a brand I'd recommend... even for someone looking for a short time device.
    mitchy_mitch and BBuso77 like this.
    05-12-21 07:29 AM

Would recommend the pixel 4a,but if your only using the phone for a short while then I would look at the pixel 3a,it's still an excellent phone and if you can pick up a decent used one then I'm sure you will be more than happy.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-12-21 10:17 AM
    Would recommend the pixel 4a,but if your only using the phone for a short while then I would look at the pixel 3a,it's still an excellent phone and if you can pick up a decent used one then I'm sure you will be more than happy.
    I briefly tried a Pixel 3a last year, I was getting horrible battery life even though I had optimized the settings.

Hopefully the 4a is better in that aspect, which is what I've generally heard.
    05-12-21 10:19 AM
    I briefly tried a Pixel 3a last year, I was getting horrible battery life even though I had optimized the settings.

I'm not a heavy user so getting through a day wasn't an issue, reviews I've watched and read have said the 4a has a decent if nothing special battery,but the 4a would be the better long term choice especially with updates..
    05-12-21 10:23 AM
    Get the IPhone mini TMobile has some great deals on them I got mine for free.
    05-12-21 01:39 PM
    Get the IPhone mini TMobile has some great deals on them I got mine for free.
    You're advocating using an iPhone during the months between two Android devices?

Seems like an unwise ecosystem strategy.
    BBuso77 likes this.
    05-12-21 01:43 PM

I get about the same battery life with XR as 3a which is all day but I’m not pushing any single device hard so I’m not sure compared with flagships. That said, I’d probably go 4a or 4a 5G at this point of the device lifecycle and price cycle.
    05-12-21 01:49 PM

I get about the same battery life with XR as 3a which is all day but I’m not pushing any single device hard so I’m not sure compared with flagships. That said, I’d probably go 4a or 4a 5G at this point of the device lifecycle and price cycle.
    05-12-21 01:49 PM

The Pixel 4a has exceptional battery life. My average SOT is 6.5 - 7 hours before it hits the 20% battery saver. Standby time is also excellent.

Hopefully they don't change anything significant with the 5a and 6 designs. The smaller size is ideal.
    05-12-21 04:20 PM
    The Pixel 4a has exceptional battery life. My average SOT is 6.5 - 7 hours before it hits the 20% battery saver. Standby time is also excellent.

Hopefully they don't change anything significant with the 5a and 6 designs. The smaller size is ideal.
    Not like there's anywhere to go with slab design anyways.

It's probably gonna look the same from the from, maybe slightly different on the sides and back.
    05-12-21 08:38 PM
    Not like there's anywhere to go with slab design anyways.

It's probably gonna look the same from the from, maybe slightly different on the sides and back.
    I hope they go smaller. I would prefer a 4a size that is one inch shorter. That would be a truly pocketable device.
    05-12-21 10:55 PM
177 123 ...