How about monthly arrest updates of the crooks making EVERYone's life miserable? WHO are these malware authors? WHY are they STILL not behind bars??
    Most successful are state supported.... so not illegal in that jurisdiction.

Others are just bug bounty hunters.... that big tech companies pay to find things before someone exploits it.

Can't use the past and assume that years without updates (BBOS or BB10)means there are no vulnerabilities or danger using a no longer current or patched OS.... be it Windows, Android, iOS or even Linux. With Linux powering so many servers and IoT devices these days, it's become a big target.
    04-19-21 02:24 PM
    Most successful are state supported.... so not illegal in that jurisdiction.

Others are just bug bounty hunters.... that big tech companies pay to find things before someone exploits it.

Can't use the past and assume that years without updates (BBOS or BB10)means there are no vulnerabilities or danger using a no longer current or patched OS.... be it Windows, Android, iOS or even Linux. With Linux powering so many servers and IoT devices these days, it's become a big target.
    Yep. my bbos & bb10 stuff are typing appliances only. atp.
    04-19-21 03:21 PM
    I'm no tech expert, but we're already coming up on May. I've never seen anything go from zero to launch in 6 months.

Am I wrong?
    04-22-21 04:10 PM
    I'm no tech expert, but we're already coming up on May. I've never seen anything go from zero to launch in 6 months.

Am I wrong?
    Well they could be in full production and we might not even know it.... FIH building 25K phones somewhere it the world might not show up. But generally the process of getting certifications is a prelude to production, so 4 - 6 months is normal for FCC certification and product lauch. Unless you are someone like Apple that pays to keep things quite...

I even check under the Sonim name.... they do have their new bar code scanner ruggedized phones getting FCC approval... but no PBK. One of Sonim's new phones has a removable battery.... but think it more industrial tool than user smartphone.

Onward Mobility Welcomes Eric Fillmore.-screenshot-2021-04-23-074156.png

It's clear they weren't going for streamline or elegant with this thing... so no problem having a replaceable battery.

I still expect to see OM phone... just later than they originally planned.
    04-23-21 07:45 AM
    I guess. I hope to see something this year. As a BlackBerry loyalist since the Bold 9000, having moved to a Galaxy Note 10+, I'm not sure that I can go back as much as I want to....

I've gotten used to to the monthly security updates and regular feature updates.... and the amazing camera and screen. Everything just works so well. I know this new OM device is not for "me" or any regular consumer (so they say). However, I might consider it if there is something compelling about the PKB. If it's just another KEY2-style PKB, then it will be, well, just another PKB.

I linger around the forums because I still have some hope for something cool... here's hoping!
    04-23-21 08:03 AM
    OM might be better at keeping "shop talk" in-house than RIM was ? Lol.
    04-23-21 09:27 AM
    OM might be better at keeping "shop talk" in-house than RIM was ? Lol.
    Not sure that’s a “better” quality at this juncture unless OM really doesn’t really plan on selling in the consumer space.....
    04-23-21 10:00 AM
    Not sure that’s a “better” quality at this juncture unless OM really doesn’t really plan on selling in the consumer space.....
    I get Apple's need to try and keep competitors guessing as to what they will do. But does OM have competitors?

I suspect their hardware is going to be off the shelf midgrade stuff... nothing ground breaking at all. Well other than the keyboard.... but we know that coming.

My guess is the no "talking" is because they don't have things fully worked out yet. Beside the chipset market is facing many supply issues, cost increases and production backlogs. Some of which might be hard for OM to adjust too, and easier to just delay to see how things progress.

Look at the changes that F(x)tec had to do with their PRO 1-X...
    04-23-21 10:08 AM
    At least, afaik, coCEOs aren't blabbing about platform EOL within days of that platform's flagship release... 2011 ?? lol.

(here we are going on "ten years after" ?... lol)
    04-23-21 12:21 PM
    At least, afaik, coCEOs aren't blabbing about platform EOL within days of that platform's flagship release... 2011 ?? lol.

(here we are going on "ten years after" ?... lol)
    What does that have to do with OM today ? The missteps of BlackBerry in 2011-2012 aren’t relative to OM stated mission statement today or it’s supposed consumer mention although never formally admitted in any of their official company published website pages.
    04-23-21 12:56 PM
    What does that have to do with OM today ? The missteps of BlackBerry in 2011-2012 aren’t relative to OM stated mission statement today or it’s supposed consumer mention although never formally admitted in any of their official company published website pages.
    Relevant to any company marketing any product... don't blab excessively... especially to self destructive excess... ??

If OM is remotely familiar with history, they might attempt to learn from that history... ?? Of course they might simply not have much to report??

No news is certainly a poor way to generate consumer enthusiasm. But, then, how concerned might they be about "consumer" space?

My company builds some custom equipment for clients who we simply don't "blab" about. Poor practice for consumer markets but sop for other spaces...
    04-23-21 01:08 PM
    Relevant to any company marketing any product... don't blab excessively... especially to self destructive excess... ??

If OM is remotely familiar with history, they might attempt to learn from that history... ?? Of course they might simply not have much to report??

No news is certainly a poor way to generate consumer enthusiasm. But, then, how concerned might they be about "consumer" space?

My company builds some custom equipment for clients who we simply don't "blab" about. Poor practice for consumer markets but sop for other spaces...
    I agree but that’s why original comment I said, they don’t care about consumer space. If that’s case though, I don’t see it being sold by carriers like AT&T is rumored then either.
    04-23-21 01:23 PM
    I agree but that’s why original comment I said, they don’t care about consumer space. If that’s case though, I don’t see it being sold by carriers like AT&T is rumored then either.
    Is the ATT rumor referencing "consumer"? Or ATT "business"...??

Maybe the puzzle will one day fit together once the full picture reveals? ? Lol.
    04-23-21 02:45 PM
    Is the ATT rumor referencing "consumer"? Or ATT "business"...??

Maybe the puzzle will one day fit together once the full picture reveals? ? Lol.
    AT&T has always made all devices available regardless of personal account or business account. The AT&T KEYone was the last device offered. It was available personal or business accounts online availability only.

The Sonim devices would be the closest thing I could think of and literally anyone can buy and in-store available in most corporate owned locations around me.
    04-23-21 04:47 PM
64 123