So after months of anticipation what is there to show. 3 podcasts. Nothing else.
    11-17-20 12:44 AM
    They said a new phone wouldn't come till 2Q of next year..... so suspect they just don't have much to say till closer till then.
    BlackGuy likes this.
    11-17-20 06:59 AM
    They said a new phone wouldn't come till 2Q of next year..... so suspect they just don't have much to say till closer till then.
    If there are no certification applications already out there Q2 is way too soon to expect it…
    11-17-20 12:23 PM
    If there are no certification applications already out there Q2 is way too soon to expect it…
    Nothing yet.
    iixclusive likes this.
    11-17-20 12:28 PM
    Nothing yet.
    I don't believe that BlackBerry stickers on brand new unsold Unihertz Titans require new certification......
    11-17-20 01:42 PM
    What does Titan have to do with OM ?
    11-17-20 03:48 PM
    What does Titan have to do with OM ?
    Same concept... small group looking to monetize lovers of PKBs.
    11-17-20 03:57 PM
    So after months of anticipation what is there to show. 3 podcasts. Nothing else.
    Total silence is usually a bad sign in business...
    11-18-20 02:35 AM
    Total silence is usually a bad sign in business...
    I think they just got way ahead of themselves in making the initial announcement.
    app_Developer and Neely2005 like this.
    11-18-20 07:53 AM
    I think they just got way ahead of themselves in making the initial announcement.
    I love their ambition.
    I hope it's realistic.
    11-18-20 08:19 AM
    Q2 2021 could mean as late as the end of June, effectively being like 7 to 8-ish months from now. The PlayBook was released pretty rushed, I think we heard development started on it sometime in later 2010 and the release was April 2011.
    11-18-20 11:05 AM
    But this time it's a device being handled by a complete novice group…
    11-18-20 12:15 PM
    I love their ambition.
    I hope it's realistic.
    Ambition is like the dogs barking at the base of the tree to get the cat down but finally the truth is the cat is in a totally different tree…
    11-18-20 12:16 PM
    Ambition is like the dogs barking at the base of the tree to get the cat down but finally the truth is the cat is in a totally different tree…
    Wisdom.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-20 01:16 PM
    This isn’t the Rehab forum. Please stay on topic.
    shakingthrough and BBuso77 like this.
    11-20-20 07:32 AM
    Did someone get some information about OM?
    11-20-20 03:11 PM
    I don't believe they are serious at this point.
    phuoc likes this.
    11-22-20 09:10 PM
    I don't believe they are serious at this point.
    They need to say more before the end of 2020 if they want to keep certain level of "momentum"
    11-23-20 12:34 AM
    But this time it's a device being handled by a complete novice group…
    They are supposed to have Foxcom on board.
    11-23-20 01:30 AM
    As in they'll build whatever they are paid to build....

OM is/was looking for investors and others to help them. If they don't get enough interest in the six months they set aside to gage the interest, and they don't find someone willing to bankroll the 10's of millions it will take to get things rolling.

In the end folks have to give them time to do what they set out to do.... and hope they are successful.
    11-23-20 07:08 AM
    Literally anyone can have Foxconn make them a phone if they have the money to pay for it. But OM doesn't have the money - they are hoping to find investors to give it to them, but they don't have it already, so the Foxconn thing is merely a "plan" at this point.

It's kind of like you're starting to date a woman and you tell her you have your own home, and when she comes over, she finds an empty lot. You can tell her "well, I'm planning to build a home and I've already picked out a contractor", but no matter how prestigious the contractor, if you don't have the money to pay the contractor, you aren't getting any house.

Perhaps OM will find investors. Stranger things have happened - but at this point, it's difficult to imagine why an investor would want to try to break into such a competitive space with such small margins and such high risk.
    11-24-20 11:18 AM

Perhaps OM will find investors. Stranger things have happened - but at this point, it's difficult to imagine why an investor would want to try to break into such a competitive space with such small margins and such high risk.
    It's a six billion dollar a year market.... surely anyone can capture a small part of that.

Most these folk came from a failing smartphone company (BBMo & Sonim).... they ought to know better. They would be better off forming a company that makes sells masks or syringes.
    11-24-20 11:44 AM
    Capturing a tiny slice of that revenue is possible. Turning a profit - hell, breaking even - on that tiny slice is almost certainly not possible. The most optimistic upside doesn't seem to be worth the risk to me at all from an investor's perspective, but maybe to someone...
    John Albert and ppeters914 like this.
    11-24-20 01:40 PM
    Capturing a tiny slice of that revenue is possible. Turning a profit - hell, breaking even - on that tiny slice is almost certainly not possible. The most optimistic upside doesn't seem to be worth the risk to me at all from an investor's perspective, but maybe to someone...
    We could always KickStart a GoFundMe page.......

After we start a petition.
    11-24-20 01:44 PM
    We could always KickStart a GoFundMe page.......

After we start a petition.
    Sounds like a solid 5-year plan to me...
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    11-24-20 01:50 PM
1,768 123 ...