07-23-21 06:06 AM
    Already signing up.
    Paulelmar18, Bob80220 and Tjtb like this.
    07-23-21 06:16 AM
    Great and thank you! Just joined as my Key2 is getting old and gets faulty.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    07-23-21 06:20 AM
    And some here said it's vaporware
    07-23-21 06:24 AM
    Yes I posted this in other groups OM over 2 hours ago.
    Sigewif and Paulelmar18 like this.
    07-23-21 07:04 AM
    Yes. OM is requesting input on "features and functionality". Guess they had to go back to the drawing board after the first design was rejected.
    3800, Tjtb, joshualebowitz and 1 others like this.
    07-23-21 07:42 AM
    Yes. OM is requesting input on "features and functionality". Guess they had to go back to the drawing board after the first design was rejected.
    Well, it is a sign they are alive.
    07-23-21 07:44 AM
    Well, it is a sign they are alive.
    Indeed. Although I personally never thought otherwise.
    07-23-21 07:46 AM
    Indeed. Although I personally never thought otherwise.
    You will use the same words as soon as the device(s) will be coming to markets! I am pretty sure…
    07-23-21 07:51 AM
    You will use the same words as soon as the device(s) will be coming to markets! I am pretty sure…
    Sorry, I don't understand. Same words as what? About what?
    07-23-21 07:53 AM
    new release date spring 2025
    07-23-21 08:19 AM
    Thank you so much for the heads up!!!
    07-23-21 10:32 AM
    Thank you so much!!!
    07-23-21 10:34 AM
    For those who may think this is a good sign, it's not necessarily so.

What happened to their major enterprise client who supposedly was the design authority?

All of a sudden, they're opening up input to everyone else? If they've lost that client , this waitlist sounds like a pivot to a crowd funding approach. "Pre-order" may also mean "Pre-payment".

Nothing wrong with that either, it gives more people a say in the final end product, it may even be a better design and we may even get it sooner, than if one entity was calling all the shots.

If the whole project does pivot to an assisted funding campaign, I hope we all put our money where our mouths are and not nickel and dime Onward Mobility. Too often here and elsewhere I've seen comments of "Blackberries are expensive for the specs they have!", "We're paying a BlackBerry Tax!", "Can you believe what they're charging these days for a <insert older BBM or BBL model here>". Heck, folks in the Unihertz forums are complaining about not having premium features in a device that costs less than an average family weekly grocery bill!

If this thing gets off the ground, we need to be prepared to pay up big for this device (which I'm quite happy to because ->PKB). Cheap and Good will not work this scenario. Up to $1,500 would be acceptable for me, given the circumstances we are in.
    07-23-21 11:11 AM

What happened to their major enterprise client who supposedly was the design authority?

All of a sudden, they're opening up input to everyone else? If they've lost that client , this waitlist sounds like a pivot to a crowd funding approach. "Pre-order" may also mean "Pre-payment".

Nothing wrong with that either, it gives more people a say in the final end product, it may even be a better design and we may even get it sooner, than if one entity was calling all the shots.

If the whole project does pivot to an assisted funding campaign, I hope we all put our money where our mouths are and not nickel and dime Onward Mobility. Too often here and elsewhere I've seen comments of "Blackberries are expensive for the specs they have!", "We're paying a BlackBerry Tax!", "Can you believe what they're charging these days for a <insert older BBM or BBL model here>". Heck, folks in the Unihertz forums are complaining about not having premium features in a device that costs less than an average family weekly grocery bill!

If this thing gets off the ground, we need to be prepared to pay up big for this device (which I'm quite happy to because ->PKB). Cheap and Good will not work this scenario. Up to $1,500 would be acceptable for me, given the circumstances we are in.
    Yeah I wonder about that as well... if you had "someone" driving the design, why open up that to the masses all of a sudden?

I do get the feeling that they need to see what kind of interest there is... before moving on to the next phase.
    07-23-21 12:00 PM

We have had plenty of time to save up for it. I have advocated (when people complain about the potential cost) having a personal BlackBerry savings fund. Put some $$ aside each month and voila when it comes out you will have enough money to buy it. Savvy savers could have been putting something aside since they first announced in 2020.
    Flatman likes this.
    07-23-21 12:19 PM
    We have had plenty of time to save up for it. I have advocated (when people complain about the potential cost) having a personal BlackBerry savings fund. Put some $$ aside each month and voila when it comes out you will have enough money to buy it. Savvy savers could have been putting something aside since they first announced in 2020.
    If this device requires some kind of savings plan, it may be a purchase that one should reconsider. We're not talking a device from a known reputable company. It should be considered a risky purchase. One reason for my only purchasing through AT&T or another carrier, is that requires the carrier not only to provide network support but also product support.
    07-23-21 12:54 PM
    If this device requires some kind of savings plan, it may be a purchase that one should reconsider. We're not talking a device from a known reputable company. It should be considered a risky purchase. One reason for my only purchasing through AT&T or another carrier, is that requires the carrier not only to provide network support but also product support.
    100% I doubt the viability of this company and it's long term support - till they show me "something" anyway.

But most PKB lovers at this point could live with a phone running Android 11 or Android 12 without any updates... better than using a PRC Titan or Pocket or a KEY device that's four years behind the about to be current Android version, and no patches either.

But yeah I suspect most that bought a KEY device, will simply move on... this will attract only the most hardcore of PKB addicts.
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    07-23-21 01:59 PM
    Technically, it's still vaporware
    07-23-21 02:18 PM
    Technically, it's still vaporware
    Assumptions continue...Bla bla bla.
    07-23-21 02:20 PM
    100% I doubt the viability of this company and it's long term support - till they show me "something" anyway.

But most PKB lovers at this point could live with a phone running Android 11 or Android 12 without any updates... better than using a PRC Titan or Pocket or a KEY device that's four years behind the about to be current Android version, and no patches either.

But yeah I suspect most that bought a KEY device, will simply move on... this will attract only the most hardcore of PKB addicts.
    I guess I am one of the most hardcore of PKB addicts.
    07-23-21 02:21 PM
    Assumptions continue...Bla bla bla.
    It's not assumption. The existence of your link proves that. If the production device existed, there wouldn't be a OM prospective device questionnaire. The only change from a year ago was an updatd form asking survey questions
    07-23-21 02:28 PM
    now that there is an official waitlist I guess we have been officially told to wait
    07-23-21 02:38 PM
    We have spend time waiting for Vapor before in our lives.
    07-23-21 02:39 PM
    It's not assumption. The existence of your link proves that. If the production device existed, there wouldn't be a OM prospective device questionnaire. The only change from a year ago was an updatd form asking survey questions
    Sad they still are quoting their own initial press release in the ABOUT section... " in the first half of 2021".

They updated their website but didn't really bother to address some things that don't fit to well anymore.

Did find where they are actually Onward88, Inc (in their privacy policy). Strange thing is they were registered in Texas back in September 2018 (almost three years now), as a Foreign For-Profit Corporation. Are they foreign because they are a Branch of ONEWARD88, Inc that was incorporated back in Feb of 2018 in Delaware. Can't find much info on the Delaware registration...

Do states consider corporations from other states as Foreign? answered it myself, yes.

Why did Onward88 form... four months before the KEY2 even hit the market?
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 07-23-21 at 03:12 PM.
    07-23-21 02:51 PM
187 123 ...