So? Was he a mailroom clerk or something a little more involved like receptionist?
    You can check his profile and background in Linkedin. Also person like you, with your level of knowledge can have access to it.
    Rico4you, Paulelmar18 and Bob80220 like this.
    10-28-20 01:27 AM
    Firstly can you tell me who Peter Franklin is. Curriculum Vitae.
    His position is probably more spokesperson than CEO... seems to be the most recent "hire" with no history in this industry at all. And still works with several other companies as well. This is a part time gig.

More info on who they are and what they have done in the past on https://www.linkedin.com/company/onwardmobility/people/
    10-28-20 08:03 AM
    Nice to see some positive news posted here. Thank you for letting us know @Paulelmar18

Looking forward to what Peter had to say and especially if he has any exciting news for us.
    10-28-20 11:08 AM
    Not that I would be expecting a straight up answer, but I'd love to get a good idea of release timeframe and also what BlackBerry's involvement is going to be on the software front.
    10-28-20 07:58 PM
    Not that I would be expecting a straight up answer, but I'd love to get a good idea of release timeframe and also what BlackBerry's involvement is going to be on the software front.
    BlackBerry will cash the check and email the vector file of their logo. :-P

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-29-20 01:33 AM
    Wasn't this supposed to air today?
    10-29-20 01:23 PM
    Wasn't this supposed to air today?
    10PM Eastern.
    10-29-20 02:09 PM
    Well, that seems to be 4:00 AM, Friday, in Greece...No way I can watch this live then...
    10-29-20 02:54 PM
    Grrr. No new information at all. "We're working hard, stay tuned."
    10-29-20 09:22 PM
    Frustrating.
    10-29-20 09:31 PM
    At this point, I'm not feeling like this is going as well as expected
    I don't mean it can't or won't happen, just that possibilities are easy to discuss while probabilities can't be discussed if not more known certainties.

The biggest obstacle to overcome the Unihertz image and move towards Sonim image are the necessary carrier partners.

I'm left with a strong mental image of shepherd herding cats.
    Peter Franklin, the cat whisperer
    10-29-20 09:49 PM
    The Waiting is the Hardest Part

Don't Go Breakin' My Heart

Gotta Have Faith
    10-29-20 09:50 PM
    Life is a Marathon not a Sprint!
    elfabio80 and Bob80220 like this.
    10-29-20 09:59 PM
    That went exactly as well as I expected.
    10-30-20 03:35 AM
    I think they don´t want to give to much information to early to avoid bad press that the people don´t want that or that or anything else which is not as expected.
    10-30-20 04:18 AM
    At this point, I'm not feeling like this is going as well as expected
    I don't mean it can't or won't happen, just that possibilities are easy to discuss while probabilities can't be discussed if not more known certainties.

The biggest obstacle to overcome the Unihertz image and move towards Sonim image are the necessary carrier partners.

I'm left with a strong mental image of shepherd herding cats.
    Peter Franklin, the cat whisperer
    I think the biggest obstacle is to overcome the BlackBerry image.....
    10-30-20 08:07 AM
    I think the biggest obstacle is to overcome the BlackBerry image.....
    I’m looking for the positive aspects where BlackBerry and the licensees failed and OM is doing it differently. With carriers, TCL dropped the ball when VZW didn’t off the KEYone at what appears to be the last minute.

TCL has their new phone at VZW now. If TCL lands that same device with AT&T or T-Mobile, even both, we know the carriers are willing to carry inventory. We see it with Sonim too. It seems odd but then why did the BBMo line ever get offered with any carrier?
    10-30-20 08:23 AM
    I’m looking for the positive aspects where BlackBerry and the licensees failed and OM is doing it differently. With carriers, TCL dropped the ball when VZW didn’t off the KEYone at what appears to be the last minute.

TCL has their new phone at VZW now. If TCL lands that same device with AT&T or T-Mobile, even both, we know the carriers are willing to carry inventory. We see it with Sonim too. It seems odd but then why did the BBMo line ever get offered with any carrier?
    It seems to me that Verizon at least.... has a whole lot more choices at this point. Excluding Apple, Samsung and Google, there are over twenty different smartphones option. And yeah for the most part they all look the same, a BlackBerry would stand out and provide a different "look". And Q2 2020 sales data in the US shown Samsung's sales declining, while LG, Lenovo and even the "others" category expanding their sales. But sales declined overall across the board, so no one is really celebrating (31% - 14%)

I think the new Carrier War might benefit OEMs.... Onward might find it easier to make some kind of deal with carriers. I know it's helped bring back some deals for existing users upgrading their hardware. But I suspect they'd still find it costly to meet carrier requirement... but just part of the cost of doing business.

Key statement in the Counterpoint Research report "The US smartphone market is mainly an operator-driven market."
    10-30-20 08:49 AM
    Not a too smart move IMO now that the Pro 1X by Fxtec and XDA just has been unveiled.

I'm starting to think more and more that the realisaton of OM's plans is yet uncertain. C'mon - not any hard information at all until now? Even Fxtec, Unihertz and Planet Computers knew long before what they were going to offer.

And OM unlike Apple can't expect that their niche product will get awaited the more anxiously, the later they announce details on it
    10-30-20 09:23 AM
    Not a too smart move IMO now that the Pro 1X by Fxtec and XDA just has been unveiled.

I'm starting to think more and more that the realisaton of OM's plans is yet uncertain. C'mon - not any hard information at all until now? Even Fxtec, Unihertz and Planet Computers knew long before what they were going to offer.

And OM unlike Apple can't expect that their niche product will get awaited the more anxiously, the later they announce details on it
    As this is primarily a device targeted to business, and enterprise has a long acquisition process, OM needs to get going on building momentum.
    10-30-20 09:40 AM

When BBMo launched the KEYone and Motion, their pitch to carriers who were seeking to carry FEWER products was that the combination of TCL's branded phones and BB's name recognition on unique form factors were a great bet for those "alternative" low volume brands that they would use to create the image of a plethora of choices, and that they could use a single supplier for both.

It was a plausible thesis, as everyone was expecting consolidation, and BlackBerry had higher brand recognition among mainstream consumers than even LG, Motorola, and Nokia.

But the products just weren't what consumers were looking for. The KEYone was way too retro for most, and the Motion didn't appeal to a clear niche as a "rugged, secure" phone.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    10-30-20 09:47 AM
    I don't think the Pro 1-X is even marketed towards the same audience as a BlackBerry would be.
    10-30-20 11:20 AM
    I don't think the Pro 1-X is even marketed towards the same audience as a BlackBerry would be.
    Yeah it's pretty much marketed at XDA users that haven't pulled the trigger on the PRO-1 yet or might be interested in one of these other operating systems.

But then even XDA users aren't really sure....
    10-30-20 11:33 AM
    Maybe Pete had to pull some OT at his Microsoft janitor job?
    10-30-20 11:43 AM
    Well, Franklin is probably just trying to talk to all the podcasts and cover his bases. they likely have a window of time where they are planning to show off the phone, that doesn't fit our schedules, and where we want to get info from a podcast when really Franklin just wants to hit all the pods.

Hopefully this just means the phone is still in development.
    10-30-20 07:03 PM
149 1234 ...