preliminary concept rendered in Vray on a potato.
    Attachment 451590
    Attachment 451591
    Whatever gets close to the Passport gets my vote.
    dmlis and parryberry like this.
    01-14-22 09:14 AM
    Whatever gets close to the Passport gets my vote.
    I'd suspect any PKB better than a Pocket gets a vote at this point.
    01-14-22 03:19 PM
    It's time for a new concept ...

nycinderella likes this.
    02-05-22 04:13 AM
    Another concept ...

nycinderella likes this.
    02-11-22 08:00 AM
    These last two concepts
    *cheff's kiss*
    I really like the bold 5G but I don't like the buttons. Still I would buy it if it were real.
    nycinderella likes this.
    02-19-22 06:52 PM
    So I finally finished my prototype the Blackberry Ghost (yeah I stole the name)
    I rendered it in 3dsmax using Vray on a slightly newer potato. I learned a lot about lighting in 3D. I wish I designed the screen to be taller. I wasn't able to go back and fix it once I started adding materials.
    *** New BlackBerry 2021 Smartphones! (concepts only) ***-bb1f.png*** New BlackBerry 2021 Smartphones! (concepts only) ***-bb1b.png*** New BlackBerry 2021 Smartphones! (concepts only) ***-bb2f.png*** New BlackBerry 2021 Smartphones! (concepts only) ***-bb2b.png*** New BlackBerry 2021 Smartphones! (concepts only) ***-bbab.png*** New BlackBerry 2021 Smartphones! (concepts only) ***-bbaf.png
    DuckyDuckBB and DWonder like this.
    03-02-22 06:16 PM
    I like the style, it looks promising.
    05-12-22 08:15 AM
    Here I am after a long time, with a new project, I know you missed me ... 😆
    With a Blackberry gaming smartphone! 😁
    05-12-22 08:18 AM
    Here I am after a long time, with a new project, I know you missed me ... ������
    With a Blackberry gaming smartphone! ������
    Might be good for those that like running old emulators.... not sure where that market is these days.

But running today mobile apps that expect something around a 16x9 landscape canvas...
    05-12-22 09:04 AM
    That one is a odd combo. Those are grips on the back?
    I'm really surprised you didn't go for a landscape orientation.
    I actually had some prototype drawings about at computer/communication device with a joy pad a decade ago. If I ever make a 3D version I will post it here.
    05-22-22 01:12 PM
    So I finally finished my prototype the Blackberry Ghost (yeah I stole the name)
    I rendered it in 3dsmax using Vray on a slightly newer potato. I learned a lot about lighting in 3D. I wish I designed the screen to be taller. I wasn't able to go back and fix it once I started adding materials.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb2b.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	501.1 KB 
ID:	451826
    Big fan of remobable batteries here.
    05-22-22 08:19 PM
    Big fan of remobable batteries here.
    Easy to say removable batteries.... harder to really design for it. But with that thickness, it should be possible.

Me, I'd rather have a sealed up phone that was water tight... as most phones these days can delivery a single days worth of usage with no issues. And a power bank that can charge multiple devices is pretty common now.
    05-23-22 07:55 AM
    BlackBerry PLAY in a different color option, a little more cheerful ...

06-06-22 07:46 AM
    Easy to say removable batteries.... harder to really design for it. But with that thickness, it should be possible.

Me, I'd rather have a sealed up phone that was water tight... as most phones these days can delivery a single days worth of usage with no issues. And a power bank that can charge multiple devices is pretty common now.
    I decided on a removable battery so that it can be changed by the consumer if it died. Right to repair an all. Also I though some might like it for off grid purposes.
    06-19-22 12:56 PM
    Also I though some might like it for off grid purposes.
    This is an movie/urban myth. Cellphones can't be tracked if they're off. The only issue to be aware of is it'll record your location before it was last turned off so if you're really worried, turn it off a long way aways from your current/final location.
    06-20-22 07:47 AM
    This is an movie/urban myth. Cellphones can't be tracked if they're off. The only issue to be aware of is it'll record your location before it was last turned off so if you're really worried, turn it off a long way aways from your current/final location.
    iPhones can be.... well 13 and beyond.

When you turn off your phone, or even when it shuts off due to low battery.... the U1 Chip, Bluetooth and NFC can still work for a few hours. Allowing for features like Car Keys to continue to operate as will as Find My. In this state, it's more like an Air Tag, in that it really needs another Apple device in communications range to communicate with.
    06-20-22 07:59 AM
    iPhones can be.... well 13 and beyond.

When you turn off your phone, or even when it shuts off due to low battery.... the U1 Chip, Bluetooth and NFC can still work for a few hours. Allowing for features like Car Keys to continue to operate as will as Find My. In this state, it's more like an Air Tag, in that it really needs another Apple device in communications range to communicate with.
    Yeah, that's because Apple built their devices to not really "turn off" even when the switch is flicked. Current continues to flow to the chips you mentioned above, while also leveraging "crowd sourced locationing" via other iPhones. So they're not really "turned off". Unless it's a depleted battery.

I believe (but don't remember where I read it) that they did this to improve the "Find My" user experience. If someone is worried, they shouldn't use an iPhone I guess.
    06-20-22 08:27 AM
    Blackberry OS7 and OS10 when drained could turn back on if you press 911. ( I like this feature BTW)
    The Key2 doesn't have this feature ( to my horror and surprise)
    anyway taking the battery out could keep it from being drained by background processes if the phone isn't really off or dead.
    03-07-23 07:17 PM
    Blackberry OS7 and OS10 when drained could turn back on if you press 911. ( I like this feature BTW)
    The Key2 doesn't have this feature ( to my horror and surprise)
    anyway taking the battery out could keep it from being drained by background processes if the phone isn't really off or dead.
    Yeah it was a cool feature of their phones... clearly the appeal of having a device work in most any situation for emergency purposes is a big marketing reason for Apple and others adding some level of satellite communications.
    04-17-23 11:41 AM
119 ... 345