Here is the story behind the launch of the OnwardMobility/BlackBerry project. Rainier Communications is also responsible for the company's next marketing activities.

Let's see what happens next.

Thanks to James for joining this article with us.

https://www.rainierco.com/pr-blog/ne...cations-as-aor
    the_boon and elfabio80 like this.
    10-17-20 08:12 PM
    Here is the story behind the launch of the OnwardMobility/BlackBerry project. Rainier Communications is also responsible for the company's next marketing activities.

Let's see what happens next.

Thanks to James for joining this article with us.

https://www.rainierco.com/pr-blog/ne...cations-as-aor
    I posted this here 8 days ago.

https://forums.crackberry.com/onward...ticle-1187827/

Observe the second link....
    3800 likes this.
    10-17-20 08:15 PM
    Did I miss that? Can happen in the mass of information around OnwardMobility here on CB. I'm so sorry.
    10-17-20 08:21 PM
    Did I miss that? Can happen in the mass of information around OnwardMobility here on CB. I'm so sorry.
    No big deal. Just an FYI that I’m attempting to be fair with OM with different viewpoints
    10-17-20 08:25 PM
    Is this "being fair with OM with different points of view" especially worth mentioning. Should actually be normal.
    elfabio80 and Bob80220 like this.
    10-17-20 08:32 PM
    Is this "being fair with OM with different points of view" especially worth mentioning. Should actually be normal.
    I’m just a logical, non-emotional BlackBerry fan, that buys lots of devices that I compare against. Everybody says negative. I feel that I’m just a realist after 15+ years, almost 20 years now.

Y’all can’t see that my replies are more sarcastic that comes across more abrasive. I don’t take it personal, so I hope you understand, I just have no filter....

I speak my opinion, without political correctness, probably seem impolite but I’m just direct and I’m not attacking you, just speaking to a “collective” you
    Stinkycat71 likes this.
    10-17-20 08:42 PM
    Watch it chuck, you gonna get this shut down
    10-19-20 08:40 AM
    Watch it chuck, you gonna get this shut down
    I only hit reply and stay within the R&G so we should be ok. The only buttons I push are on my PKB or VKB device. Wearing a Yankees hat between Dodgers and Giants territory should be hilarious. Plus those Angels or A’s probably aren’t big fans either. Two down below and two up top on the left coast.... they’re gonna take your shoes
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and MB64 like this.
    10-19-20 09:20 AM
    "“This was one of the biggest launches I’ve ever seen, even after working with many big-name, Fortune 100 companies,” said Melody Russell, Senior Vice President of Marketing at OnwardMobility."

And then crickets.....

But it does show the value of the BlackBerry name still.... If Onward had just come out with "we are building a new security phone for enterprise, sometime next year", who would really care?
    10-19-20 10:02 AM
    "“This was one of the biggest launches I’ve ever seen, even after working with many big-name, Fortune 100 companies,” said Melody Russell, Senior Vice President of Marketing at OnwardMobility."

And then crickets.....

But it does show the value of the BlackBerry name still.... If Onward had just come out with "we are building a new security phone for enterprise, sometime next year", who would really care?
    So you’re saying that OM licensed the BlackBerry name just for the press release purposes. LOL
    10-19-20 10:13 AM
    So you’re saying that OM licensed the BlackBerry name just for the press release purposes. LOL
    My bet is that they just wanted to leverage the history of security chops and the keyboard experience from BlackBerry - even though there is little evidence they will actually use either.

Which also explains why BlackBerry has been silent on the entire matter.
    10-19-20 10:18 AM
    Not just the initial press release... but the willingness of tech sites and others to even talk about the "brand".

Certain level of publicity will be associated with the brand that a small company like OM couldn't afford to pay for. Even a brand that tarnished and beat up, might also get them some carrier access that a OM phone wouldn't get.

How many Sonim phones has JerryRigged tried out? Engadget do a review of the last Sonim phone? Is the Sonim fanbase dying to get their hands on the next phone?

But I really don't know what OM licensed the BlackBerry name for.... OS for the phone? Device Applications? Hardware designs and patents? Enterprise Subscriptions Software? Or just the name? (my guess is it's just the last two)
    10-19-20 10:53 AM
    maybe 'cuz BlackBerry is a chick magnet
    ppeters914 likes this.
    10-22-20 10:30 AM
    I also feel that OM is just a snow job to get their own pub. No phone coming. Robert
    12-01-20 02:58 PM
    I also feel that OM is just a snow job to get their own pub. No phone coming. Robert
    OM has no other business right now.... not sure what the publicity would be for.
    12-01-20 03:57 PM