10-10-20 09:05 PM
49 12
tools
    On the return of BlackBerry Smartphones, live interview has been scheduled over YouTube:

Crusader03, the_boon, 3800 and 9 others like this.
    09-27-20 10:43 PM
    Thanks for the heads up!
    elfabio80 and anon(10709275) like this.
    09-28-20 01:07 AM
    Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to the podcast with Brad and Peter Franklin and I'm sure that we'll be a little bit smarter afterwards.

And a thank you to all networkers worldwide. It's a lot of fun working with you on this project.
    09-28-20 03:47 AM
    Maybe with the new month we will get more info about the upcoming device...
    anon(10709275) likes this.
    09-28-20 09:02 AM
    Thanks for posting the info. Perhaps I can submit questions to ask Pete since we don’t need the same rehashing of infomercials.
    katxeus and hoopitz like this.
    09-28-20 10:00 AM
    On the return of BlackBerry Smartphones, live interview has been scheduled over YouTube:

Thank you for the info! Many of us are happy to hear news of this new 5G BlackBerry device directly from people in the know.
    Bob80220 and the_boon like this.
    09-28-20 10:21 AM
    Is Berry Reporter a member here? Anyway, it wouldnt harm to send him questions I guess.
    09-28-20 10:30 AM
    Am just going to go ahead and phrase mine then. Where are they in their FCC filing? @thrusk used to enlighten us on that sort of thing but no more, so help me ask Peter that.
    09-28-20 11:03 AM
    Am just going to go ahead and phrase mine then. Where are they in their FCC filing? @thrusk used to enlighten us on that sort of thing but no more, so help me ask Peter that.
    Zero.

No FCC. No Wi-Fi. No Bluetooth. No regionals.
    09-28-20 11:05 AM
    Zero.

No FCC. No Wi-Fi. No Bluetooth. No regionals.
    Ohhhh, did I ask too early?
    09-28-20 11:08 AM
    Ohhhh, did I ask too early?
    We've seen things 6 months in advance before.
    09-28-20 11:12 AM
    I'm not going to continue cleaning up threads as I have done with this one. If you all can't cut out the nitpicking and petty arguments, then you just won't be here. For the complaints of negativity, a lot of you sure do contribute to it and help it along.
    09-28-20 01:21 PM
    I'm not going to continue cleaning up threads as I have done with this one. If you all can't cut out the nitpicking and petty arguments, then you just won't be here. For the complaints of negativity, a lot of you sure do contribute to it and help it along.
    Precisely why many don't frequent the forums much anymore. Its rare one can make a comment without some negativity or nitpicking of words/terms used when trying to convey an opinion or idea.
    09-28-20 01:33 PM
    Is Berry Reporter a member here? Anyway, it wouldnt harm to send him questions I guess.
    You can always hit him up on his Twitter - https://twitter.com/BlackBerryBrad Brad's a good dude and I'm sure if you put some questions to him, he would def put them on a list to answer if possible.
    09-28-20 01:51 PM
    You can always hit him up on his Twitter - https://twitter.com/BlackBerryBrad Brad's a good dude and I'm sure if you put some questions to him, he would def put them on a list to answer if possible.
    Yes, Brad is a good dude for sure.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    09-28-20 06:11 PM
    This isn't Apple about to release their next device that everyone already knows about....

Onward needs to color in the picture of what their plans are.... to build some interest in whatever market they are going after. And if that is simply PKB phone in enterprise to replace the KEY devices that managed to "get in". Really need at least some details, as devices are out of the update cycle. Should IT departments just move users on to then new Samsung, Pixel or iPhone or keep waiting to see if what this new BlackBerry ends up being?
    09-29-20 09:34 AM
    This isn't Apple about to release their next device that everyone already knows about....

Onward needs to color in the picture of what their plans are.... to build some interest in whatever market they are going after. And if that is simply PKB phone in enterprise to replace the KEY devices that managed to "get in". Really need at least some details, as devices are out of the update cycle. Should IT departments just move users on to then new Samsung, Pixel or iPhone or keep waiting to see if what this new BlackBerry ends up being?
    Good points and Apple being very secretive about any of the products before the official release date, I actually know companies who plan their annual device budgets around that date.

As far as IT departments waiting around for onward to release their devices specs, pricing and delivery schedules before committing to it, I don’t think so in this business environment where budgets are continuing to be cut.

If there is money to be spent, they are not going to wait to spend it on speculation. Onward needs to step up their game a notch, Just my two cents.
    09-30-20 08:12 AM
    Good points and Apple being very secretive about any of the products before the official release date, I actually know companies who plan their annual device budgets around that date.

As far as IT departments waiting around for onward to release their devices specs, pricing and delivery schedules before committing to it, I don’t think so in this business environment where budgets are continuing to be cut.

If there is money to be spent, they are not going to wait to spend it on speculation. Onward needs to step up their game a notch, Just my two cents.
    When BlackBerry left the business and left DTEK owners hanging.... I didn't think Enterprise would buy another BlackBerry. Most didn't, but BBMo did get some interest. But now the BBMo left users without one feature update and stuck on only two years of patches when three plus is the norm from Samsung. I find it hard to believe anyone would touch a BlackBerry till it's proven to be a viable solution.

But too I think the days of just swapping out device in mass are also over. Someone has a three year old iPhone... what doesn't it do? Use it till it breaks....
    09-30-20 08:18 AM
    When But too I think the days of just swapping out device in mass are also over. Someone has a three year old iPhone... what doesn't it do? Use it till it breaks....

That’s a huge point and even played true when I was in the auto industry the last few years of my career. Most upper level management would get a new car every year.

That changed in 2007 when GM and Chrysler filed for bankruptcy. Now they drive the ones the company issues until they die.

Very few get new ones every year and most have to pay for insurance and maintenance which used to be paid for by the company. Changing times.
    09-30-20 08:32 AM
    That’s a huge point and even played true when I was in the auto industry the last few years of my career. Most upper level management would get a new car every year.

That changed in 2007 when GM and Chrysler filed for bankruptcy. Now they drive the ones the company issues until they die.

Very few get new ones every year and most have to pay for insurance and maintenance which used to be paid for by the company. Changing times.
    I keep hearing that BYOD is fading.... but I see the opposite taking place. People working for large enterprise or for government are moving to BYOD. Now there do seem to be more restriction. I know of a few that were told they had to upgrade their Android phones last year.

From what I'm told... it's better to consider all devices as being a vulnerability, rather then assuming that a company owned and controlled device is safe. Today's network security software is able to provide the end point and cloud protection, at more reasonable cost than years ago. Helped many companies be able to deploy work from home initiatives without the purchase of new mobile hardware for all employees.

I think that's one of BlackBerry Ltd issues.... these cost going down, means they have to charge less but do more, in order to compete. Cylance didn't provide new revenue potential, but simply got SPARK competitive.
    09-30-20 09:31 AM
    I keep hearing that BYOD is fading.... but I see the opposite taking place. People working for large enterprise or for government are moving to BYOD. Now there do seem to be more restriction. I know of a few that were told they had to upgrade their Android phones last year.

From what I'm told... it's better to consider all devices as being a vulnerability, rather then assuming that a company owned and controlled device is safe. Today's network security software is able to provide the end point and cloud protection, at more reasonable cost than years ago. Helped many companies be able to deploy work from home initiatives without the purchase of new mobile hardware for all employees.

I think that's one of BlackBerry Ltd issues.... these cost going down, means they have to charge less but do more, in order to compete. Cylance didn't provide new revenue potential, but simply got SPARK competitive.
    Charge less and provide more!! A common theme used in the auto industry the last several years and the main reason many of my associates have since retired and/or closed or sold off their businesses.

It’s hard to pay a highly skilled workforce and provide high end products to clients who keep wanting to see the cost go down.

Regardless of how creative you are at cost saving, sooner or later you have to ask yourself, why are you working this hard to make less money.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-30-20 09:47 AM
    Thanks for the tip! I am not on Twitter, any of the others in this thread might be. Anybody did send his/her questions?
    09-30-20 03:33 PM

Seens the link went dead. Haven’t found a new one yet.
    09-30-20 03:40 PM
    Thanks for the tip! I am not on Twitter, any of the others in this thread might be. Anybody did send his/her questions?
    I sent some.
    johnsliderbb likes this.
    09-30-20 03:44 PM
    Interview still happening?
    10-01-20 06:22 PM
49 12