And that's part of this whole cycle.... tough choices that push more PKB users away each time.

Most here expected the Pocket to sale triple or quadruple the units the Titan did.... if Unihertz expected the same, it was a flop.
    I think they problem is limited supply with the pocket not disinterest.
    01-14-22 12:21 AM
    What do you mean? You can buy it online direct.
    01-14-22 04:09 AM
    Does the fact that John Chen still uses a BlackBerry KEY2 mean that the head of a major cybersecurity company is currently using a phone that is no longer getting security updates?
    Probably means he's using some BlackBerry security add-ons beyond the OS, that you don't.
    01-14-22 05:36 AM
    Probably means he's using some BlackBerry security add-ons beyond the OS, that you don't.
    Until March, when BlackBerry enterprise apps will no longer support Android Oreo.
    01-14-22 05:51 AM
    Until March, when BlackBerry enterprise apps will no longer support Android Oreo.
    I didn't think that deadline was about things no longer working, but instead more just about BlackBerry not further maintaining those apps for compatibility with less than AndroidOS9.
    01-14-22 06:25 AM
    Amazon has it... don't know of any limited supply issues.

Price is much higher than the kick starter phase, but that's always been the cases once their device goes to retail. Plus it includes shipping...

eBay always has people trying to make a buck off of stuff.
    01-14-22 07:44 AM
    I didn't think that deadline was about things no longer working, but instead more just about BlackBerry not further maintaining those apps for compatibility with less than AndroidOS9.
    The moment that happens, BlackBerry UEM/Spark should kick them off.
    01-14-22 07:45 AM
    Amazon has it... don't know of any limited supply issues.

Price is much higher than the kick starter phase, but that's always been the cases once their device goes to retail. Plus it includes shipping...

eBay always has people trying to make a buck off of stuff.
    I emailed unihertz( visited their website) over something I saw on ebay. They confirmed that it was their account. Said they didn't have any pockets and would get more in in two weeks. It's been two weeks but I think they have supply issues.
    01-14-22 05:26 PM
    I emailed unihertz( visited their website) over something I saw on ebay. They confirmed that it was their account. Said they didn't have any pockets and would get more in in two weeks. It's been two weeks but I think they have supply issues.
    None for US, but still stock for the rest of the world.
    01-14-22 05:46 PM
    Yep almost 1500 still on the website for other areas. Just non for US for whatever reason
    01-14-22 07:57 PM
    I don't understand Unihertz. Instead of price hiking the thing, why not mark it out of stock until they get more if that's the issue?
    I already messaged them on IG recently about this and they said "thank you" and haven't changed it.
    01-15-22 10:45 PM
    Everybody has been having supply chain issues. I work for a semiconductor device company and right from wafer source to packaging, there are supply constraints everywhere.
    We also make a few 'complete' system devices and part prices have gone astronomical. For example, one commodity component used in power supply designs (and this is from one of the largest vendors in the world, so most people use them) used to cost about a $1. Cheap stuff that nobody worried about. It now costs around $100 if you can get your hands on it. Yeah, I double checked that number, I'm not off by a decimal there.

Imagine if you're a small fry like Unihertz (or OM). How much you gonna try to sell your device for now? That's just a single small chip, there'll be others in there with similar price increases. The small guys probably can't even get their hands on it and have no way of building any product to ship.

Oh yeah and shipping in and out of the US? Super painful. You got to list the components and country of origin for everything along with other information about the part. (Once I even had to list the material for some metal standoffs used to prop up PCB's). If you got lucky and found a replacement part that fit exactly, but is missing some of that info or somehow differs from the info you filed before? Nope, can't ship unless you want to get on US government bad list. We need to do this even for transfers within the same company! If you're a small fry you can hope to fly under the radar, but if you're a big multinational, don't even try.
    01-16-22 10:44 AM
    John Chen has been horrible for the BB phone. He still has a key2? Why do i think that's a lie? He just seems like a phony person to me. Just my impression. I hope he retires and a real fan of the pkb phone takes his place.
    03-27-22 06:14 PM
    John Chen has been horrible for the BB phone. He still has a key2? Why do i think that's a lie? He just seems like a phony person to me. Just my impression. I hope he retires and a real fan of the pkb phone takes his place.
    Chen was hired by BlackBerry in late 2013 AFTER they decided to get out of the handset business. The transition took 3 years, but he managed to get it done.

The last thing BlackBerry wants to do is hire someone that is a BlackBerry phone fan.
    Laura Knotek and JeepBB like this.
    03-27-22 07:14 PM
    Unfortunately blackberry devices are dead unless some millionaire wants to bring it back from the dead otherwise it will stay dead I still wish I had my pearl flip but I moved on like most should and have.
    Owlwarrior likes this.
    01-03-23 07:54 PM
    Unfortunately blackberry devices are dead unless some BILLIONAIRE wants to bring it back from the dead otherwise it will stay dead I still wish I had my pearl flip but I moved on like most should and have.
    FTFY
    Owlwarrior likes this.
    01-03-23 09:04 PM
141 ... 456