I think Blackberry will find a new licencing deal with another company. Which means no KB smartphone for 2-3 years. What do you think?
    John Albert likes this.
    12-04-21 12:45 PM
    Seriously? What would cause you to think that? What possible reason, what possible benefit would entice BlackBerry? /smh
    3800 likes this.
    12-04-21 12:49 PM
    Seriously? What would cause you to think that? What possible reason, what possible benefit would entice BlackBerry? /smh
    The money?
    12-04-21 12:55 PM
    I think Blackberry will find a new licencing deal with another company. Which means no KB smartphone for 2-3 years. What do you think?
    No one would be stupid enough to want a licence. I said that before OM came around.
    ppeters914, JeepBB, 3800 and 1 others like this.
    12-04-21 01:09 PM
    They already scraped the absolute bottom of the licensee barrel. There isn’t any more barrel left.
    ppeters914, JeepBB, 3800 and 1 others like this.
    12-04-21 01:12 PM
    I'm still dreaming about an IBerry...an iphone with pkb..i know it's impossible.
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    12-04-21 01:25 PM
    I'm still dreaming about an IBerry...an iphone with pkb..i know it's impossible.
    WTF?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-21 04:53 PM
    I agree. Think BlackBerry realizes the need to provide a solution for its former customers.
    12-04-21 06:07 PM
    I agree. Think BlackBerry realizes the need to provide a solution for its former customers.
    Your statement is very funny, indeed!
    ppeters914, JeepBB and yybenedb like this.
    12-04-21 06:14 PM
    Why would they care about former customers that are no longer relevant to BlackBerry's current business?
    ppeters914 and goku_vegeta like this.
    12-04-21 06:45 PM
    Why would they care about former customers that are no longer relevant to BlackBerry's current business?
    Because every single person on the planet, especially one that was a former customer, has the potential to be a new one.
    shakingthrough likes this.
    12-04-21 07:07 PM
    Because every single person on the planet, especially one that was a former customer, has the potential to be a new one.
    Of Android Radar, embedded-auto, or Spark?
    12-04-21 07:30 PM
    Of Android Radar, embedded-auto, or Spark?
    Could be any one of them or more. One never knows.
    shakingthrough likes this.
    12-04-21 07:37 PM
    Could be any one of them or more. One never knows.
    Those customers don't have a need for BlackBerry Limited to satisfy regarding BlackBerry manufactured or licensed.
    12-04-21 07:40 PM
    *checks in, looks around, sees irrational hope still abounds*
    pdr733, ppeters914, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    12-04-21 08:00 PM
    No one would be stupid enough to want a licence. I said that before OM came around.
    Unless it's cheap enough now, which it likely is.
    12-04-21 08:38 PM
    There's the Typo for iPhone 5S (it will work with the SE 2016 but that one will stop getting updates after iOS 15).

Other than that, Apple will never ever ever ever create a PKB iPhone. The best you can hope for is a PKB "SmartKeyboard" case for their popular model(s).
    12-04-21 08:40 PM
    I got a huge dose of real yesterday. I have been following closely OM, Titan etc. I have used Blackberrys since day one and had them all. I really liked my Key2. Unfortunately the battery expanded while I was out of town and the back of the case loosened. I thought fortunately I had a new Key 2 in the box in my office and had it shipped to me. So I happily went to the ATT store and learned that they couldn't connect the new one because of the phase out. Boom. I had been hoping that OM was for real but that isn't happening. Not a word in a year. Don't forget they have the sign up list that gives them a good idea of how many they can sell. My hunch is their investors pulled the plug. And none of the others seem to be for real. So I bought a Samsung which transitioned apps etc. really smoothly(that's why I never thought about Iphone). I guess I will just have to learn how to use the virtual keyboard for now. So one of three things happens. A 5g compatible PKB comes out that is a nice phone and I eat the investment in the Samsung, or the patents run out and someone designs a PKB holster for Iphone and android(I am old enough to remember when that was done and the patent lawyers stopped that) or I will enter the brave new world. The folks at OM have been jerking us around and we just have to realize it is not happening.
    12-06-21 09:05 AM
    I got a huge dose of real yesterday. I have been following closely OM, Titan etc. I have used Blackberrys since day one and had them all. I really liked my Key2. Unfortunately the battery expanded while I was out of town and the back of the case loosened. I thought fortunately I had a new Key 2 in the box in my office and had it shipped to me. So I happily went to the ATT store and learned that they couldn't connect the new one because of the phase out. Boom. I had been hoping that OM was for real but that isn't happening. Not a word in a year. Don't forget they have the sign up list that gives them a good idea of how many they can sell. My hunch is their investors pulled the plug. And none of the others seem to be for real. So I bought a Samsung which transitioned apps etc. really smoothly(that's why I never thought about Iphone). I guess I will just have to learn how to use the virtual keyboard for now. So one of three things happens. A 5g compatible PKB comes out that is a nice phone and I eat the investment in the Samsung, or the patents run out and someone designs a PKB holster for Iphone and android(I am old enough to remember when that was done and the patent lawyers stopped that) or I will enter the brave new world. The folks at OM have been jerking us around and we just have to realize it is not happening.
    In the meantime, I would order a spare battery for that KEY2. And once it's replaced, sell one of them and keep the other or something.
    shakingthrough and ppeters914 like this.
    12-07-21 06:31 AM
    Speaking of replacing the battery on the Key2, does anyone know a reliable source for a good replacement battery? I have seen horror stories of people selling batteries with fake stickers lying about the mA of the battery or selling old batteries.
    12-07-21 09:44 AM
    Speaking of replacing the battery on the Key2, does anyone know a reliable source for a good replacement battery? I have seen horror stories of people selling batteries with fake stickers lying about the mA of the battery or selling old batteries.
    I've gotten several from eSource with no complaints from the recipients.

https://www.esourceparts.ca/replacem...bbf-100-2.html
    abalourdos59 likes this.
    12-07-21 10:00 AM
    I've ordered a few from eBay and never had a problem.

They're not original though. Only difference I guess is that on the AccuBattery app, they do not give the temperature level as the original ones do.
    abalourdos59 likes this.
    12-07-21 01:22 PM
    I can not say I have even seen oem batteries for the key series. I used an aftermarket one from ebay on my K1. It fit and worked as it should with no problem
    12-07-21 11:33 PM
    *checks in, looks around, sees irrational hope still abounds*
    Lol! I still hope onwardmobility provides some update .....I mean closure on the matter.

I still dream of an updated priv slider with the latest tech and a better name.

My fingers are seized in the crossed position.
    shakingthrough and Diceyann like this.
    12-08-21 08:25 AM
    My Keyone is nearing the end of it's life, been waiting for the promised new phone, but have been looking at Samsung today, I reckon OM just bought the patents to either screw with someone or to tie them up for competition reasons, but I am probably wrong since I have not researched it and am not an expert in finance. I used to have the "BB" keyboard for the iphone and loved it, but when I needed to upgrade my phone found out that BB had come out with Android capable phones and jumped on the priv. Now I am sad again. I am looking at the Samsung Note, I am hoping that the Spen will help me avoid having to use the virtual keyboard somewhat. Which Samsung did you get, do you like it?
    12-27-21 04:09 AM
58 123