Took a stroll through the social media wreckage of OnwardMobility today. I do that from time to time to enjoy the comments of people just coming to the realization.

Anyway, I noticed that Melody and Peter are no longer connected on Linkedin. The imagination can run wild with why that might be but whatever the reason it most likely means some sort of sour grapes somewhere.

Not to roast smores around the dumpster fire but there's no reason we can't have a little fun with this.
    03-23-22 04:53 PM
    Can you unconnect on LinkedIn? I didn't know that was a thing.
    03-23-22 05:16 PM
    03-23-22 05:30 PM
    Are you OK?
    03-23-22 06:47 PM
    Took a stroll through the social media wreckage of OnwardMobility today. I do that from time to time to enjoy the comments of people just coming to the realization.

Anyway, I noticed that Melody and Peter are no longer connected on Linkedin. The imagination can run wild with why that might be but whatever the reason it most likely means some sort of sour grapes somewhere.

Not to roast smores around the dumpster fire but there's no reason we can't have a little fun with this.
    Melody spent 3 years on OnwardMobility... might not be sour grapes as much as just a big disappointment. You can still view her Linkedin profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/itsmelodyrussell/ and her goodbye to OM comment didn't sound too sour.

I'm not sure if any of them can point to it being someone's fault... my view is the enterprise smartphone market just isn't what it was three years ago. Today enterprise buys an iPhone or Galaxy Phone, and that offers a reliable base for the next 3 to 4 years that their internal management and endpoint portion solutions can work with. And Apple and Samsung as companies are long term partners with solid business that can be counted on to be around for those years as well.
    03-24-22 09:28 AM
    Melody spent 3 years on OnwardMobility... might not be sour grapes as much as just a big disappointment. You can still view her Linkedin profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/itsmelodyrussell/ and her goodbye to OM comment didn't sound too sour.

I'm not sure if any of them can point to it being someone's fault... my view is the enterprise smartphone market just isn't what it was three years ago. Today enterprise buys an iPhone or Galaxy Phone, and that offers a reliable base for the next 3 to 4 years that their internal management and endpoint portion solutions can work with. And Apple and Samsung as companies are long term partners with solid business that can be counted on to be around for those years as well.
    Maybe, but to have been once connected with Peter and then to suddenly not be connected with Peter would indicate that one of them unfollowed the other.
    03-24-22 09:32 AM
    Im sure there is tension between some of then. Millions of $$$ down the drain would certainly leave them unhappy and Im sure none of these guys were uber rich folk
    03-24-22 09:35 AM

Publicly, the goodbye comment needs to be professional. However, behind the scenes, OM people were all burned when their leader didn't stepup and handle things correctly. The leader's job was to lead and be honest internally with his troops. I don't really believe that was ever done internally.
    03-24-22 09:45 AM
    Publicly, the goodbye comment needs to be professional. However, behind the scenes, OM people were all burned when their leader didn't stepup and handle things correctly. The leader's job was to lead and be honest internally with his troops. I don't really believe that was ever done internally.
    Who was the leader?

Peter was "hired" half a year after OM as a company was formed. Was he in charge, or just some front guy?

I have no clue what internal communications were like. In the end they seemed to all be on the same page - we have a NDA and can't really talk about... anything. But yeah someone lost a lot of money on this venture, not to mention time and dreams.
    03-24-22 10:45 AM
    Peter was "hired" half a year after OM as a company was formed.
    Oh, I didn't know that!
    03-24-22 10:50 AM
    Oh, I didn't know that!
    Per his LinkedIn page he started at OM in Sept 2019.... Melody and a few others were in March of 2019 with I think the Delaware corporation papers a month before that, with them later filing in Texas.
    03-24-22 10:59 AM
    LOL dumpster fire indeed. And predictably, the echo chamber of comments contain the usual woke cliches of "we learnt some good lessons", "at least you tried", etc. etc., the adult equivalent of giving gold stars to every kid in a 1st grade class even though some of them will clearly be under-achievers.

No, Onward Mobility Team, you didn't do well at all. And not for the reasons you think.

You obfuscated, evaded and ignored requests for updates from stakeholders and potential customers for two years. You were standoffish and insipid. A greater recent case study of contempt for the market and deception I struggle to think of. But as usual, the ridiculous civilians on LinkedIn pat each other on the back and say "tut, tut, there now..."
    03-24-22 12:22 PM
    Can you unconnect on LinkedIn? I didn't know that was a thing.
    I've been trying to leave Linked-In for years - since I retired. I've never worked out how to do it.
    03-24-22 12:27 PM
    LOL dumpster fire indeed. And predictably, the echo chamber of comments contain the usual woke cliches of "we learnt some good lessons", "at least you tried", etc. etc., the adult equivalent of giving gold stars to every kid in a 1st grade class even though some of them will clearly be under-achievers.

No, Onward Mobility Team, you didn't do well at all. And not for the reasons you think.

You obfuscated, evaded and ignored requests for updates from stakeholders and potential customers for two years. You were standoffish and insipid. A greater recent case study of contempt for the market and deception I struggle to think of. But as usual, the ridiculous civilians on LinkedIn pat each other on the back and say "tut, tut, there now..."
    @jobtate would approve this OM roast lol
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    03-24-22 12:32 PM
    How can we be certain they lost any money? Did we even see a cardboard mock-up?
    03-24-22 12:45 PM
    How can we be certain they lost any money? Did we even see a cardboard mock-up?
    Do you think everyone just volunteered their time for the last 4 years out of the goodness of their hearts?
    03-24-22 12:51 PM
    Do you think everyone just volunteered their time for the last 4 years out of the goodness of their hearts?
    Yeah it's hard to say how much they lost.... but BlackBerry didn't let them start using the name without some kind of deposit. I would assume FIH also would have required something down for their efforts to create whatever mockup there was - cardboard, virtual or silly putty.

But there was at least one "angle investor" onboard... they might have been the ones to take the loss, and not every individual.

Only fault I can come up with is, they never should have thought this was viable to begin with. I really don't know their business plan or what they were going to sell enterprise and government... either way it just never got off the ground and doubtful many here where their target anyway. It's sad, but there was no ill intent on their part. Just a group of people that could not let go of the idea that the BlackBerry name and PKB phones weren't valuable to Enterprise.
    03-24-22 01:22 PM

they never should have thought this was viable to begin with. I really don't know their business plan or what they were going to sell enterprise and government... either way it just never got off the ground.
    Funny we all knew that from day one. Hard to fathom what they were thinking.
    03-24-22 01:26 PM
    Funny we all knew that from day one. Hard to fathom what they were thinking.
    Well you had two CEOs reminiscing so there had to be a market....

In the end you had two or three folks from Somin and think two with BlackBerry/TCL history.... thing they had in common, they were out of work because the companies they worked for were failing. Clearly that wasn't a great foundation to build upon...
    03-24-22 01:42 PM

I just want to point out that those type pf comments are newspeak not woke.

Yeah it's hard to say how much they lost.... but BlackBerry didn't let them start using the name without some kind of deposit. I would assume FIH also would have required something down for their efforts to create whatever mockup there was - cardboard, virtual or silly putty.

But there was at least one "angle investor" onboard... they might have been the ones to take the loss, and not every individual.

Only fault I can come up with is, they never should have thought this was viable to begin with. I really don't know their business plan or what they were going to sell enterprise and government... either way it just never got off the ground and doubtful many here where their target anyway. It's sad, but there was no ill intent on their part. Just a group of people that could not let go of the idea that the BlackBerry name and PKB phones weren't valuable to Enterprise.
    Yeah we don't know anything about their mock up we don't even know if they had one. It's all hearsay.
    05-14-22 01:30 AM
    Peter Franklin is the gift that keeps on giving. Updates his LinkedIn with yet another company that apparently predates his relationship with Onward Mobility.
    This guy is an investigation waiting to happen.Fun On A Tabloid Level-screenshot_20220924-115518.jpg
    09-24-22 11:58 AM
    Peter Franklin is the gift that keeps on giving. Updates his LinkedIn with yet another company that apparently predates his relationship with Onward Mobility.
    This guy is an investigation waiting to happen.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220924-115518.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	453267
    First time I heard him speak it was clearly evident that he was a carnival salesperson without even half the class of Ron Popeil.
    09-25-22 01:44 AM
    This guy is an investigation waiting to happen.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220924-115518.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	453267
    "Serial Entrepreneur" indeed. When does a "Serial Entrepreneur" stop "entrepreneuring"? When he succeeds at something. I had a quick look at Optiwatt's website a while back and the one thing I'm skeptical about is the supposed way they make money (in the FAQ). It's too vague for comfort if I was an investor or VC fund looking at businesses.
    09-28-22 10:33 AM
    "Serial Entrepreneur" indeed. When does a "Serial Entrepreneur" stop "entrepreneuring"? When he succeeds at something. I had a quick look at Optiwatt's website a while back and the one thing I'm skeptical about is the supposed way they make money (in the FAQ). It's too vague for comfort if I was an investor or VC fund looking at businesses.
    Everybody's gangster until the SEC starts investigating lol
    10-02-22 04:25 PM
    Everybody's gangster until the SEC starts investigating lol
    Do they get involved in these "endeavors" that never make it to the public investment ranks?
    10-03-22 07:31 AM
29 12