For many, Hoops Eternal. For me, superciliousness, lack of communication, inept marketing, and more, have resulted in almost terminal fatigue with the issue of onward media and Blackberry phones. What was Blackberry showing a bad balance sheet and such small amount of revenue from licensing which may be where the on work Mobility item was, combined with the fact that onward Mobility has announced that Blackberry Security will not be the provider for their phone, my doubts are getting worse and worse. Am I the only one? I don't think Blackberry has anything to do with onward Mobility anymore. Other than printing stickers oh, who knows where that device, if ever, would be produced? Maybe in a maquiladora just across the border perhaps even sharing a parking lot with Texas. Now is the wall is porous, they can probably produce a bunch of them and just drive across. Then they can proceed with their expansive assembly facility applying Blackberry stickers left and right. The whole thing makes me sick.
    07-18-21 01:07 PM
    For many, Hoops Eternal. For me, superciliousness, lack of communication, inept marketing, and more, have resulted in almost terminal fatigue with the issue of onward media and Blackberry phones. What was Blackberry showing a bad balance sheet and such small amount of revenue from licensing which may be where the on work Mobility item was, combined with the fact that onward Mobility has announced that Blackberry Security will not be the provider for their phone, my doubts are getting worse and worse. Am I the only one? I don't think Blackberry has anything to do with onward Mobility anymore. Other than printing stickers oh, who knows where that device, if ever, would be produced? Maybe in a maquiladora just across the border perhaps even sharing a parking lot with Texas. Now is the wall is porous, they can probably produce a bunch of them and just drive across. Then they can proceed with their expansive assembly facility applying Blackberry stickers left and right. The whole thing makes me sick.
    Onward Mobility - not Onward Media.

We've said from the very beginning that BlackBerry has little to no involvement. Nothing new on this front.
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-18-21 01:12 PM
    I stand corrected, onward Mobility. Even I who stand amongst the couple if you have any interest in this on the face of the planet Earth, can't remember their name correctly. Some advertising Triumph!
    07-18-21 01:17 PM
    I stand corrected, onward Mobility. Even I who stand amongst the couple if you have any interest in this on the face of the planet Earth, can't remember their name correctly. Some advertising Triumph!
    Not sure what got you so excited in the first place such that you are being let down today.

OM stated their intention to throw their hat in the ring to make a device for enterprise sometime down the road.
    07-18-21 01:28 PM
    I am so busy with earth-shaking items that I spend my time ragging on onward Mobility show my let down has been long-standing. I depend on a physical keyboard device oh, I passed on the unihertz pocket. I believe there's going to be a big shake-up in the handset Market as the signal provider shutdowns and triage occurs. I believe the signal providers are trying to capture the sales market for sailor handsets. I don't think anyone is going to try to stop them.
    07-18-21 01:30 PM
    I am so busy with earth-shaking items that I spend my time ragging on onward Mobility show my let down has been long-standing. I depend on a physical keyboard device oh, I passed on the unihertz pocket. I believe there's going to be a big shake-up in the handset Market as the signal provider shutdowns and triage occurs. I believe the signal providers are trying to capture the sales market for sailor handsets. I don't think anyone is going to try to stop them.
    The 3G shutdown affects a very, very tiny minority of folks. Most already use either carrier-sold or whitelisted devices.
    Laura Knotek and pdr733 like this.
    07-18-21 01:33 PM
    I have no way to assess that. Around here I hear complaints all of the time of people being bumped off their carrier because apparently the phone is not whitelisted and being forced to accept some cheap freebie from the carrier to get back talking while they wait to see about what device to get
    07-18-21 01:39 PM
    I have no way to assess that. Around here I hear complaints all of the time of people being bumped off their carrier because apparently the phone is not whitelisted and being forced to accept some cheap freebie from the carrier to get back talking while they wait to see about what device to get
    Well, without having to go down the entire list of whitelisted brands and devices, Apple and Samsung make up 82% of all phones in the US just by themselves.
    07-18-21 01:45 PM
    If they were not prepared To address a small niche market, they are even more clueless than I was thinking
    07-18-21 01:50 PM
    I think everyone is disappointed and feel let down ,but if you stop and think, they weren't really A.W.O.L until the end of June happened. I think we all feel like a kid cheated out of a Christmas....but what they COULD, do,(to be sweet and show some love to those of us chugging along engines that about can't, waiting), is lower the price once.it hits market....just sayin.
    07-18-21 01:52 PM
    I think everyone is disappointed and feel let down ,but if you stop and think, they weren't really A.W.O.L until the end of June happened. I think we all feel like a kid cheated out of a Christmas....but what they COULD, do,(to be sweet and show some love to those of us chugging along engines that about can't, waiting), is lower the price once.it hits market....just sayin.
    Unless you are an enterprise buyer, the device isn't meant for you, and never was.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-18-21 01:57 PM
    If they were not prepared To address a small niche market, they are even more clueless than I was thinking
    Niche markets are really, really hard. Are you saying they were clueless to even try to go after it?

They’re trying. It’s not likely they will succeed. We should be happy if they do succeed, and not terribly surprised if they don’t.
    07-18-21 01:58 PM
    Blackberry was successful in dragging out the demise of their handset Enterprise by addressing the niche market for physical keyboard devices. I don't have any knowledge of whether they're slab devices sold at all. You see little discussion of them on here. Otherwise I don't look for it. The fact is the only keyboard device susceptible to address persons other than keyboard requiring persons was the prince priv slider design. This has been discussed at nauseam on this form and probably ignored inasmuch as that device had so many design errors in terms of the mismatched internal components that heating and slowing and bad functionality were off the chart and nobody wanted it anymore. It was after all a beautiful device. The display was stellar. The camera was good for the time. A few of us here believe it would succeed. Onward Mobility probably has little with no knowledge of those devices.
    07-18-21 02:07 PM
    You know I read your posts, for the most part. I sense that you are quite supportive of onward mobility and their project. I don't have any complaints in that regard. Though I sence that statements such as oh, they're trying, are hard for others who are not as well connected as you to understand. Is there any evidence?
    07-18-21 02:09 PM
    You know I read your posts, for the most part. I sense that you are quite supportive of onward mobility and their project. I don't have any complaints in that regard. Though I sence that statements such as oh, they're trying, are hard for others who are not as well connected as you to understand. Is there any evidence?
    Not sure if that was addressed to me.

I have no more information on OM than anyone else here. Im taking them at their word that they are still working on this, and that they had some setbacks with the initial design.

I’ve worked in the world, and invested in things, long enough to understand that niche markets are really hard.
    07-18-21 02:13 PM
    Sorry for my lack of clarity who I was speaking to. At some point here I lost the fact that the thread opened up to someone other than Co night. So much of it was addressed to him. Usually I used to quote memes but lazy me I didn't do that this time. Apologies.
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-18-21 02:19 PM
    Blackberry was successful in dragging out the demise of their handset Enterprise by addressing the niche market for physical keyboard devices.
    Were they?

They haven't had a "successful" (profitable) device since 2010 - and it was only successful because of SAF/BIS revenue.
    07-18-21 02:40 PM
    07-23-21 03:50 AM