Dead as of yesterday. Time to move on CrackBerry fam. Confirmed from multiple sources. Reminder that I NEVER signed an NDA with them though I was offered one.

We'll see if they actually post a formal update to their blog or not, but my guess would be that John Chen/BlackBerry prefers they just go quietly away (he's clearly done with phones) and at this point its probably best for all of us to forgot about this train wreck. Well, train-wreck is too complimentary as it would imply they built a train that they then wrecked. They never got that far.

The majority of new businesses fail, so don't think it's that shocking of a surprise. I'm sure the people involved set out with good intentions and put in some real effort to make things happen (don't think you would go through the effort and put your names on the line with a plan to fail), but obviously were not able to execute. Just sucks that so many people excited about this were dragged along for so long only to have it end like this.

Again, I never signed an NDA but also can't burn my sources so gotta keep it a little vague at the moment. Am sure with time we'll get some more post-mortem details here... they usually come out once people start talking.
    02-10-22 07:14 PM
    Dead as of yesterday. Time to move on CrackBerry fam. Confirmed from multiple sources. Reminder that I NEVER signed an NDA with them though I was offered one.

We'll see if they actually post a formal update to their blog or not, but my guess would be that John Chen/BlackBerry prefers they just go quietly away (he's clearly done with phones) and at this point its probably best for all of us to forgot about this train wreck. Well, train-wreck is too complimentary as it would imply they built a train that they then wrecked. They never got that far.

The majority of new businesses fail, so don't think it's that shocking of a surprise. I'm sure the people involved set out with good intentions and put in some real effort to make things happen (don't think you would go through the effort and put your names on the line with a plan to fail), but obviously were not able to execute. Just sucks that so many people excited about this were dragged along for so long only to have it end like this.

Again, I never signed an NDA but also can't burn my sources so gotta keep it a little vague at the moment. Am sure with time we'll get some more post-mortem details here... they usually come out once people start talking.
    Thanks for the update CBK! You said what you could and the community appreciates it! Sad it ended this way. Maybe a different licensee is in the cards in another time/climate
    02-10-22 07:22 PM
    The plot thickens….
    Care to comment @Rico4you
    02-10-22 07:23 PM

hits the "confirm order" button for Titan Pocket
    conbrio29 likes this.
    02-10-22 07:26 PM
    I now miss the guys who called us nay sayers, negative, and toxic people.

Where is your glorious phone that you confirmed it is coming??
    3800, jobtate, cribble2k and 4 others like this.
    02-10-22 08:03 PM

Why are they asking you to sign a NDA if they are dead according yo your sources? Why they bother? Any advantage of doing this?
    02-10-22 08:05 PM
    Why are they asking you to sign a NDA if they are dead according yo your sources? Why they bother? Any advantage of doing this?
    Because last week they were still operating and alive... and as of yesterday they're dead.
    Laura Knotek, hmp3, john_v and 2 others like this.
    02-10-22 08:06 PM
    Because last week they were still operating and alive... and as of yesterday they're dead.
    Please, could you share what is going on?
    We need to know what has happened. They might never talk about it at all.
    Who killed them yesterday? 😅
    the brother likes this.
    02-10-22 08:11 PM
    I now miss the guys who called us nay sayers, negative, and toxic people.

Where is your glorious phone that you confirmed is coming??
    I don't think all the reference to nay saying was just about only OM nay saying.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-10-22 08:13 PM
    It's too bad though.

I was still holding on to a bit of hope about the release, but absolutely none regarding its viability.

OM just avoided a land mine.
    02-10-22 08:21 PM
    It's too bad though.

I was still holding on to a bit of hope about the release, but absolutely none regarding its viability.

OM just avoided a land mine.
    You? Hope? Lol

For the last three or so months I've considered there to be more hope for a PKB solution from someone else than them.

Kind of ironic that this sudden death happens literally a month after their "We're not dead" update.
    02-10-22 08:24 PM
    You? Hope? Lol

For the last three or so months I've considered there to be more hope for a PKB solution from someone else than them.

Kind of ironic that this sudden death happens literally a month after their "We're not dead" update.
    Apparently the design took "cues" from the Priv.
    the brother likes this.
    02-10-22 08:38 PM
    According to Android Police, BlackBerry pulled its logo from the project.

After selling all of its device patents, BlackBerry just wanted to even further distance itself from handsets.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-10-22 08:39 PM
    Don't you just hate getting dumped right before valentine's day? 💔
    JM H, JeepBB, DWonder and 10 others like this.
    02-10-22 08:40 PM
    Apparently the design took "cues" from the Priv.
    Interesting. Though by "cues" I wouldn't necessarily conclude that it was going to be a slider.
    02-10-22 09:07 PM
    RIP Blackberry, you gave us great highs and some lows, but never a dull moment. The King is Dead, Long Live the King.
    jobtate, elfabio80, dmlis and 4 others like this.
    02-10-22 09:12 PM
    RIP Blackberry, you gave us great highs and some lows, but never a dull moment. The King is Dead, Long Live the King.
    OM's project died, not BlackBerry.
    02-10-22 09:16 PM
    Yes, my reference is to the Iconic Blackberry Legacy phones. We don’t discuss their new business model here too much except to emphasize that they have left the building in 2016.
    02-10-22 09:17 PM
    Don't you just hate getting dumped right before valentine's day? 💔
    Hah! That's when you save the most money!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
    kvndoom, JeepBB, john_v and 4 others like this.
    02-10-22 09:22 PM
    According to Android Police, BlackBerry pulled its logo from the project.

After selling all of its device patents, BlackBerry just wanted to even further distance itself from handsets.
    That’s just a nasty way to operate. BlackBerry management are snakes. No honour.
    John Albert and italia2014 like this.
    02-10-22 09:36 PM
    BlackBerry devices are dead. Security is on another planet.
    02-10-22 09:38 PM
    That’s just a nasty way to operate. BlackBerry management are snakes. No honour.
    Lol. I'm sure there is a lot more to this. OM was already a train wreck with a non-existent business plan and a launch customer that already rejected them.
    to boldly go likes this.
    02-10-22 09:38 PM
    Lol. I'm sure there is a lot more to this. OM was already a train wreck with a non-existent business plan and a launch customer that already rejected them.
    Selling to a patent troll is always a scummy or desperate move.
    02-10-22 09:39 PM
    Selling to a patent troll is always a scummy or desperate move.
    No, it's following the law by upholding its fislduciary duty to its shareholders. It was a brilliant deal that got them far more than they should have been worth.
    02-10-22 09:41 PM
    The plot thickens….
    Care to comment @Rico4you
    Do you really think that was necessary? “I told you so” is not a good look.
    Last edited by Crusader03; 02-10-22 at 10:03 PM.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    02-10-22 09:49 PM
570 123 ...