"New BlackBerry® 5G Smartphones
    COMING 2021" ~ Onward Mobility's website as of 14 December 2021

Given that 2021 is almost up, you would hope/expect Onward Mobility to acknowledge that their new handset clearing is not coming 2021. The question is, what will they say about it? Surely they have to break radio silence to comment on this.

Will they say...

a) They're giving up, there won't ever be a BB 5G handset (with them, at least)
    b) They're pushing the date back
    c) There will not be an announcement.

Thoughts?
    BB Lost Love likes this.
    12-14-21 01:37 AM
    Surely they have to break radio silence to comment on this.
    Nah. I expect C.
    12-14-21 04:29 PM
    "New BlackBerry 5G Smartphones

Given that 2021 is almost up, you would hope/expect Onward Mobility to acknowledge that their new handset clearing is not coming 2021. The question is, what will they say about it? Surely they have to break radio silence to comment on this.

Will they say...

Thoughts?
    They didn't say anything when they changed "first half of 2021“ to "2021", so I expect nothing this time either.
    John Albert and diegonei like this.
    12-14-21 04:45 PM

Will they say...

Thoughts?
    Are you expecting like a Titanic Mayday announcement?
    12-14-21 05:17 PM
    Thoughts?
    The announcement you would expect...-4rzmr1e.jpg
    12-14-21 09:12 PM

Will they say...

Thoughts?
    They'll drop the 2021 and just leave it at "coming soon"....
    Troy Tiscareno and diegonei like this.
    12-15-21 07:21 AM
    Their NDA’s prevent them from updating that part of their site. That’s how NDA’s work.

[/sarcasm]
    12-15-21 09:43 AM

Will they say...

Thoughts?
    C like in "Cannot"
    12-15-21 12:09 PM
    They'll drop the 2021 and just leave it at "coming soon"....
    If at all...
    12-15-21 12:49 PM
    If I was Onward Mobility, or the people who run it, I would opt for C. Its simply a rational choice. If they do A or B, some of the tech press will write about the company again (at least a small article titled "There will not be a 5G Blackberry after all" or something), with the potential for negative publicity. No matter what the company wants to do, negative publicity is not good. While doing C it is no publicity.
    As for the majority no publicity is better than negative publicity, they will proceed accordingly.
    JeepBB and cablewithaview like this.
    12-15-21 02:10 PM
    If I was Onward Mobility, or the people who run it, I would opt for C. Its simply a rational choice. If they do A or B, some of the tech press will write about the company again (at least a small article titled "There will not be a 5G Blackberry after all" or something), with the potential for negative publicity. No matter what the company wants to do, negative publicity is not good. While doing C it is no publicity.
    As for the majority no publicity is better than negative publicity, they will proceed accordingly.
    Once they "say" something then they are once again tied to a date or a decision. Saying nothing leaves the door open... to anything. Another investor or major customer or someone that wants to buy them out of their contract with BlackBerry. As long as what they are doing isn't really costing them much or in violation of any contract requirements with BlackBerry.... mums the word.

It's a race to see which vaporware emerges first....
    SES Mobiles PKB Accessory
    Androidonpassport's Android for old BlackBerrys
    Onward Mobility 5G BlackBerry
    12-15-21 02:58 PM
    Once they "say" something then they are once again tied to a date or a decision. Saying nothing leaves the door open... to anything. Another investor or major customer or someone that wants to buy them out of their contract with BlackBerry. As long as what they are doing isn't really costing them much or in violation of any contract requirements with BlackBerry.... mums the word.

It's a race to see which vaporware emerges first....
    SES Mobiles PKB Accessory
    Androidonpassport's Android for old BlackBerrys
    Onward Mobility 5G BlackBerry
    ....and I have a 4th vaporware in the race....which shall remain nameless.
    12-15-21 03:29 PM
    ....and I have a 4th vaporware in the race....which shall remain nameless.
    Let me guess... crowdfunded, open source BB10?
    12-15-21 03:31 PM
    hahaha , no but that's hilarious!
    12-15-21 03:33 PM
    With dark mode and Lithuanian keyboard support!
    12-15-21 04:20 PM
    I am not laughing. I will continue to use my Key2 and do one of three things being homebound:

use the garbage phone ATT sent;

get another phone and switch carriers since there is tower in TMo signal around my abode;

use an Xfinity phone on Wi-Fi (VZW signal here is negligible) if it's cheaper.

8 have yet to see a phone I like...
    12-16-21 08:06 AM
    I am not laughing. I will continue to use my Key2 and do one of three things being homebound:

use the garbage phone ATT sent;

get another phone and switch carriers since there is tower in TMo signal around my abode;

use an Xfinity phone on Wi-Fi (VZW signal here is negligible) if it's cheaper.

8 have yet to see a phone I like...
    I don't get all the options and time your spending on this... you have said before and now that others get T-Mobile signal at your house with no issues. Move your beloved KEY2 to T-Mobile or one of their MVNOs. If the 3G shutdown eventually make it less desirable to use... then worry about what your forced to get.
    diegonei likes this.
    12-16-21 09:42 AM
    Musings. I think my 3G MiCrocell will quit sooner and I I'm trying to be prepared in advance...
    12-16-21 09:46 AM

Will they say...

Thoughts?
    I think on December 31st / January 1st. Their website will be quietly updated to reflect a new time frame.

They have given their customers crumbs of information for an entire year and quite honestly I expect nothing from them. Option "C" looks most likely.

I was primed and ready to purchase from them but they jumped the gun, got us all excited too early and have now under delivered.

It's a shame things have turned out like this.
    12-18-21 01:55 PM
    I think on December 31st / January 1st. Their website will be quietly updated to reflect a new time frame.
    What makes you think it'll be updated, and what makes you think there is a new time frame?
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-18-21 02:05 PM

They have given their customers crumbs of information for an entire year and quite honestly I expect nothing from them. Option "C" looks most likely.

I was primed and ready to purchase from them but they jumped the gun, got us all excited too early and have now under delivered.

It's a shame things have turned out like this.
    I've never really considered an Error 404 message an update.
    12-18-21 06:10 PM
    What makes you think it'll be updated, and what makes you think there is a new time frame?
    Yeah what gives him any right to have any hope for something positive related to BB/PKB...
    shakingthrough likes this.
    12-18-21 07:32 PM
    Yeah what gives him any right to have any hope for something positive related to BB/PKB...
    If he has information that would lead him to think that OM is simply delayed, as opposed to dead, then wouldn't you like to know?
    diegonei likes this.
    12-18-21 07:35 PM
    If he has information that would lead him to think that OM is simply delayed, as opposed to dead, then wouldn't you like to know?
    You may have missed my point lol. Though I don't personally hold much hope for OM. I actually have higher hope for an alternate form factor device from someone else.
    12-18-21 07:41 PM
    You may have missed my point lol. Though I don't personally hold much hope for OM. I actually have higher hope for an alternate form factor device from someone else.
    But his post was specific to OM - as was my response.
    12-18-21 07:42 PM
56 123