List not long enough …

QI Charge
    Easy PKB change-out
    Easy Battery change-out
    Ability to remove bloat completely
    Dual boot Linux ??

Inspired by post from KEY² loves by OP o4liberty

"I know manufacturers read these forums so I thought I would post what I am looking for in the new Blackberry.

Bold like device
    Great camera
    Top processor specs
    SD card slot
    5G ready
    Larger keyboard
    Track pad
    Wireless charging
    Biggest battery possible
    Ship with leather holster
    Good factory service
    Better testing before releasing

I know this is a long list but for them to sell they need to compete with other top devices. I am stoked about another blackberry being released I just worry that they will release another dud device. I hope this gets a lot of response and the manufacturer reads this."
    Stinkycat71 and MartyE like this.
    09-25-20 03:38 PM
    and ip68
    dmlis likes this.
    09-25-20 04:37 PM
    Notification LED (fully color customizable for every app).

And a few things not wanted (at least by me)...

No curved screens (prefer completely flat with a chassis edge to hold on to).

No all screen fronts (some bezel is good, no front camera hole/notch/teardrop/whatever - let it have a top bezel to put the camera and LED in).

No glass backs (don't need a device as brittle as a Pringles Potato chip).

That's my 2 cents.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-25-20 09:29 PM
    I want it to say BlackBerry on the front. in gold. also, the capacitive keyboard needs to be as good as the Passport. The android capacitive keyboards have been Crap so far. they destroy fluidity with their clunkiness.
    09-26-20 01:57 AM
    Stock Android with keyboard shortcuts for any launcher. Don't use any existing BB Android software and allow us to root it.
    09-26-20 02:04 AM
    The one thing I most miss from my blackberry passport, blackberry blend
    Being able to access the files/texts/emails/etc... on my phone is so incredibly useful. When my keyone died, I moved on to the latest iphone, but a new blackberry with good specs and blackberry blend for android, that would make me move back in a heartbeat.
    09-26-20 10:32 AM
    fully color customizable for every app
    Is this even possible with ANY android flavour? I mean with the rotational/cycling limitations of the OS.
    09-26-20 11:05 AM
    Is this even possible with ANY android flavour? I mean with the rotational/cycling limitations of the OS.
    Not without an app to help.
    09-26-20 11:31 AM
    Not without an app to help.
    I can't even do this with an app - have tried a few - nothing sticks. Eventually I am back to one sound, one colour for every notification in emails/texts etc. I've tried LightManager (paid version), LEDblinker, and a few others to no avail.
    09-26-20 12:56 PM
    I can't even do this with an app - have tried a few - nothing sticks. Eventually I am back to one sound, one colour for every notification in emails/texts etc. I've tried LightManager (paid version), LEDblinker, and a few others to no avail.
    I had Light Manager 2 going for a bit, it seemed to work fine with different colors and rotating them if more than one notification rolled in. But I got rid of it again after it began to bog the device down.
    It would definitely be great to have this built right into the OS.
    09-26-20 01:10 PM
    It would definitely be great to have this built right into the OS.
    This is one area that BB10 smokes android. I couldn't get LM2 to hold a setting but then the app has about 4 million settings and was probably too complex for my tiny brain. . Anyway, I gave up on it after playing with it for about 10 hours.
    09-26-20 01:16 PM
    I don't know how much the LED could be controlled in android outside of an app, but maybe a bit more control can had if BlackBerry/OM write their own LED controls into the OS.

It would be nice to get the range of control you could in BBOS. Even BB10 didn't get all that BBOS had. BBOS had full color range control (with an app, of course). BB10 just has 6 fixed colors to choose from, even with a third party app.
    09-26-20 02:39 PM
    BB10 just has 6 fixed colors to choose from
    That was plenty for me. Still, I'm pretty sure we've gone over this problem before and there is an inherent problem/limitation in android to allow this. Maybe someone can better explain. Might have been @bb10adopter111 a few years ago.

.......or maybe I don't know what the He!! I'm talking about (more likely in this case).
    09-26-20 03:00 PM
    The one thing I most miss from my blackberry passport, blackberry blend
    Being able to access the files/texts/emails/etc... on my phone is so incredibly useful. When my keyone died, I moved on to the latest iphone, but a new blackberry with good specs and blackberry blend for android, that would make me move back in a heartbeat.
    Totally agree. Blend was so functional. Accessing files on my laptop from across town was so handy.
    dmlis likes this.
    11-07-20 06:27 PM
    Internationalized Bluetooth keyboard layout support. BB10 support only major languages, too bad.
    11-17-20 12:51 AM