Yes but if they miss it, that says something about glass typing never matching up to the experience that those keys provide
    I also miss gathering with the family around black and white console TVs with dials to change the channel. But it doesn't necessarily mean I would want one in 2021.
    pdr733 and EdMinghuang like this.
    06-10-21 03:51 PM
    Yes but if they miss it, that says something about glass typing never matching up to the experience that those keys provide
    I didnt say they missed it. Most commented how they remember the days and enjoyed their BB/LG/Palm/etc devices. I loved the days with my treo and actually used that more than any other keyboard device but I not saying its an experience that I would want now in 2021. It's just nostalgia, remembering the past in a fond manner.
    robnhl likes this.
    06-10-21 03:58 PM
    I disagree. If you get some of the new BlackBerry devices to the right people, like Casey Neistat, an entire generation of young people will want to purchase them.
    Why?

Most people under 40 don't even know about BlackBerry or have negative memories.
    Trouveur likes this.
    06-10-21 04:00 PM
    Why?

Most people under 40 don't even know about BlackBerry or have negative memories.
    Or maybe positive memories!
    06-10-21 04:04 PM
    I also miss gathering with the family around black and white console TVs with dials to change the channel...
    ...you forgot about the wood puzzle piece that was jammed around the channel dial stem, to keep it from slipping to a next channel.
    conite likes this.
    06-10-21 04:14 PM
    ...you forgot about the wood puzzle piece that was jammed around the channel dial stem, to keep it from slipping to a next channel.
    We used to use a rubber band that needed replacing every 227 days.
    06-10-21 04:41 PM
    Why?

It is new technology to most of them. Excellent opportunity.
    Rico4you and the_boon like this.
    06-10-21 05:09 PM
    Agreed. in a way the new generation probably doesnt even have that idiotic negative stigma that "keyboards are dinosaur tech" and "BB is failure" etc
    06-10-21 05:31 PM
    People, particularly young people, don't use phones anywhere near how they were used in the olden times.
    Trouveur and JeepBB like this.
    06-10-21 05:31 PM
    People, particularly young people, don't use phones anywhere near how they were used in the olden times.
    The younger generation types as well...
    06-10-21 05:32 PM
    They don't even know that it is possible to do so. Many would love to be able to ditch carrying laptops.
    06-10-21 05:34 PM
    They don't even know that it is possible to do so. Many would love to be able to ditch carrying laptops.
    A pkb device can no more replace a laptop as a vkb device.
    eshropshire and Trouveur like this.
    06-10-21 06:07 PM
    A pkb device can no more replace a laptop as a vkb device.
    Well...a PKB slider with an optical trackpad can in some ways.

The Astro Slide though is probably gonna be closest to laptop replacement that a phone has ever been, if we're talking the device standalone without any accessories.
    Other than that, a Z Fold 2 with a kickstand case and Bluetooth keyboard/trackpad would take second place.
    Trouveur likes this.
    06-10-21 06:09 PM
    The younger generation types as well...
    You've never watched them then. They type all the time, and fly around a slab at light speed - using a lot of Snapchat and YouTube simultaneously.

Go to a college campus and asks who would take a free KEY². They wouldn't be able to stop laughing.
    eshropshire and JeepBB like this.
    06-10-21 06:10 PM
    I loved my BB's, especially the 9930. I used that thing until they finally turn off the BES server at work. I was one of the last 10 users in our 60,000 person company

Would I use it today? Of course not. I can't, it won't do the job I need it to do today.
    eshropshire, JeepBB and pdr733 like this.
    06-10-21 06:24 PM
    Sorry, many of already have and have zero problems with VKB phones. I don't know what business you guys are in, but in the tech business world many dona lot of our work on our phones. The last thing I want is a PKB taking up space.
    Chernobyl likes this.
    06-10-21 06:41 PM
    You've never watched them then. They type all the time, and fly around a slab at light speed - using a lot of Snapchat and YouTube simultaneously.

Go to a college campus and asks who would take a free KEY². They wouldn't be able to stop laughing.
    I work with 25-32 year olds who use BlackBerry KEY2, KEYone, and Classic devices. They find it much easier to update show rundowns and scripts on the go with a physical keyboard over a virtual one.
    06-10-21 06:50 PM
    Sorry, many of already have and have zero problems with VKB phones. I don't know what business you guys are in, but in the tech business world many dona lot of our work on our phones. The last thing I want is a PKB taking up space.
    You mean the same space your VKB is taking while typing?
    joshualebowitz, BBuso77 and bh7171 like this.
    06-10-21 07:02 PM
    I work with 25-32 year olds who use BlackBerry KEY2, KEYone, and Classic devices. They find it much easier to update show rundowns and scripts on the go with a physical keyboard over a virtual one.
    Not surprised, the accuracy (or the lack of) of glass will never match that of a keyboard.

Well, as long as it's not an absolute POS of a keyboard...such as this guy here 5/27 Update: OM Peter Franklin still says the team is hard at work.-407635006.jpeg
    06-10-21 07:05 PM
    Not surprised, the accuracy (or the lack of) of glass will never match that of a keyboard.

Well, as long as it's not an absolute POS of a keyboard...such as this guy here Click image for larger version. 

Name:	407635006.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	450861
    The guy behind that device still uses a BlackBerry -- in addition to carrying an iPhone.
    06-10-21 07:10 PM
    Look, the total number of pkb devices launched by all companies since 2016, sold less than 1.5 million devices. That's out of a total of 7.5 billion smartphones sold, which is less than 0.02%.

I don't know what strange little statistical-abberant world you live in.
    BBuso77 and John Albert like this.
    06-10-21 07:13 PM
    Look, the total number of pkb devices launched by all companies since 2016, sold less than 1.5 million devices. That's out of a total of 7.5 billion smartphones sold, which is less than 0.02%.

I don't know what strange little statistical-abberant world you live in.
    Live events. Come backstage at Radio City Music Hall or visit the stages in Times Square on New Year's Eve and you'll see where the less than 0.02% of those devices continue to be used. Heck, it is even more intriguing to see them continue to be used on launch events for devices without physical keyboards.
    06-10-21 07:22 PM
    Live events. Come backstage at Radio City Music Hall or visit the stages in Times Square on New Year's Eve and you'll see where the less than 0.02% of those devices continue to be used. Heck, it is even more intriguing to see them continue to be used on launch events for devices without physical keyboards.
    Worse than that, only about a fifth to a quarter of those 1.5 million are still in active use.

So NYC has them all I guess.
    joshualebowitz and BBuso77 like this.
    06-10-21 07:45 PM
    Worse than that, only about a fifth to a quarter of those 1.5 million are still in active use.
    And how many BB10? BBOS?

And there would be a lot more out there had TCL not pulled epic fails with every model they released. It's amazing how some people fail to realize that no one wants to buy a garbage phone, whether it has a keyboard or not. If Onward Mobility gets it right, these fortunes could be easily reversed. Not to BlackBerry glory day status of course, but definitely enough to justify a modest business case. Especially in an era when a kickstarter plastic keyboard device can raise sufficient funds to justify its existence in a few hours.
    06-10-21 08:02 PM
    ...Well, as long as it's not an absolute POS of a keyboard...such as this guy here..
    Was that really a POS, or did it just get shutdown by BlackBerry before it could get really selling? I am not being sarcastic. I don't know the answer.
    06-10-21 08:08 PM
943 ... 910111213 ...