my 7290 os is 4.0.2.35 (Platform 1.8.0.138), where can I get the latest os?

Thanks
    08-04-09 04:23 AM
    Wow. A dinosaur. Ummmm... I know you can get one on a newer BB... But good luck finding one for that!

Sorry this post doesn't help. Just wanted to say wow on having such an old BB. :-) glad it still works for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 04:36 AM
    The newest os version for that device is 4.1 I believe. Go to blackberry.com. Select your country. Then select support tab on top then downloads on left. Now select device software and desktop software tab in the middle. There's a link to access your servie providrs site. Go to there and follow the prompts. Your device may be an older model but its a rock sturdy device. I still use mine lol.

08-04-09 09:47 AM
    Wow. A dinosaur. Ummmm... I know you can get one on a newer BB... But good luck finding one for that!

Sorry this post doesn't help. Just wanted to say wow on having such an old BB. :-) glad it still works for you.

I know... Old BB, I just got it out from my closet few days ago, still works perfectly. I have my bold. But I just like to upgrade my first BB.

08-04-09 11:30 AM
    I found 7290 OS 4.1.0.556 from AT&T and Rogers on Blackberry.com's carrier download sites page:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

I already checked many of the phone companies listed. Now, if you want to go look in EVERY phone company and find a higher one, please let me know!

I turned on the old 7290 (mine is black, by the way) yesterday night to see if it still works, because my wife's 8320 Curve is almost not working anymore...

I'll try doing the OS upgrade tonight in an old computer.

I've read that Desktop Manager v4.6 works with vista and the 7290... I hope it does, because it's the lowest DM I've found on the sites I looked...

Cheers!
    Last edited by ramocan; 08-20-10 at 02:53 PM.
    08-20-10 02:43 PM
    while you are still at it. why not get the 4.2 OS update it has a lot of improvements and i loved it when i installed it last year on my 7290.
    08-24-10 01:09 AM
    while you are still at it. why not get the 4.2 OS update it has a lot of improvements and i loved it when i installed it last year on my 7290.
    I'd appreciate it a lot if you could post a link to said 4.2 OS, so we all can do it... or point us in the right direction!

Thanks in advance!
    08-30-10 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD