Hey guys, i've got a 7290 on BBOS 4.1.0 that I unlocked and have been trying to find a way around needing BIS on my 7290. I downloaded opera 4.2 on it and it needs to be upgraded, but it uses the built-in browser to do that. I loaded anworm's service books onto it, and while they load just fine, when I try using the browser it says there is no default browser option checked. If I go to settings and try picking a browser configuration there are no options to choose. For kicks and grins I tried loading the browser service books from my 8700 for t-zones and that shows up fine, but of course that is not what I need. Is this a lost cause or should I maybe try and older version of anworm's service books?

Oh, and just in case anybody asks- I know this is an old and ancient phone, and web browsing is not a pleasant experience and there are probably much better things I could be doing with my time but alas I'm fine with it
    03-07-20 01:37 PM
    Hey guys, i've got a 7290 on BBOS 4.1.0 that I unlocked and have been trying to find a way around needing BIS on my 7290. I downloaded opera 4.2 on it and it needs to be upgraded, but it uses the built-in browser to do that. I loaded anworm's service books onto it, and while they load just fine, when I try using the browser it says there is no default browser option checked. If I go to settings and try picking a browser configuration there are no options to choose. For kicks and grins I tried loading the browser service books from my 8700 for t-zones and that shows up fine, but of course that is not what I need. Is this a lost cause or should I maybe try and older version of anworm's service books?

Oh, and just in case anybody asks- I know this is an old and ancient phone, and web browsing is not a pleasant experience and there are probably much better things I could be doing with my time but alas I'm fine with it
    I suspect there are too many holes in the evolution and sequence of development since 7290 did precede the 8700 by 12-18 months if memory serves.
    03-07-20 06:23 PM
    Wow!
    Hard to believe!
    03-07-20 07:22 PM

/blackberry-bold-series-f235/guide-blackberry-os-7-maybe-6-without-bis-996682/
    03-08-20 07:08 AM
    That's one of the guides i've been using. I did manage to get the browser working though! I used the wifi_gprs service book from here- https://anworm.wordpress.com/get-service-book/

I was able to download the latest opera that's supposedly compatible with it, 4.5 but when I go to download it from m.opera.com I get "error 907 invalid cod". Is it not compatible with the 7290 ?
    03-08-20 01:33 PM