Hello All! I am a newbie to crackberry. I have a bb8700g. I recently dropped it in water. Everything is good EXCEPT my track wheel (ithink). It will roll, but it wont scroll on the pages of anything. on the icon page it is stuck on the first one. Every now and then it will move over one, but its rare. Can someone help me, please...
    01-07-09 05:29 PM
    water damage probably destroyed the wheel's sensor. No use in bringing it into the store, as they will turn you away because you dropped it in water. It's probably time to suck it up and move on dude...plenty of great new phones out there now!
    01-11-09 10:17 PM
    My whole trackball and everything inside fell out and I think the sensor wheel (if thats the golden little circle) isnt there,
    i just ordered a new OEM Blackberry Trackball Joystick so do you guys think it will work without the sensor wheel? If not, can I buy it somewhere? replace it somehow?
    Please help, I really want to keep using my baby
    thanks.
    02-20-09 01:25 AM
    Very common problem.
    When I took mine in, the rude customer service rep told me to take the trackball out and clean it. I told him that I wasn't able to take it out and would like him to do it so that I did not break it and he took it in the back room and returned it with a scratch in the ring. It isn't as easy as it sounds!
    04-07-09 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD