So here is the situation. I had a Blackberry phone back in 2012. It was a phone that used the old Desktop Manager software. I lost the phone. I went to buy a new Blackberry and bought a Blackberry 10. I did not know that you can not take a saved file from a Blackberry phone using OS 7 and use that save file on Blackberry 10 phone. So basically, I had no one of using that BBB file for my new phone.

Fast forward to this year. I bought a Bold 9630. Bought it used and having issues with it. Anyway, I have been searching about how to "upload" this BBB file to a Blackberry phone using Desktop Manager and then find a way to transfer everything to what I use now, AN IPHONE.

Through my research and googling, it sounds like the only way I can utilize this BBB file is to find a phone that is running OS 7 so that I can use desktop manager and NOT BLACKBERRY LINK. I have a Macbook Pro running the latest software. It also seems like I have to find a PC THAT IS USING WINDOWS 7 (NOT 10) So I can download the older blackberry desktop manager that will work on an operating system.

Can someone please confirm this? Is there another route I can go? I currently dont have access to a PC to download Desktop Manager, let alone a PC that is running the older version of Windows, Windows 7. Since the Blackberry Phone I bought is having issues, I am looking at a BLACKBERRY BOLD TOUCH 9900. I BELIEVE THAT RUNS OS 7.

Any input or advice would be nice. Please help. Been spending the last two months trying to figure out what my options are.
    02-03-19 02:10 PM
    What is in that old BBB file that you need at this point? There was a time when BBB files were not encrypted... could change the extension to .ZIP and view it. That isn't the case with BB10 BBB files, and at some point I think even Desktop Manager added encryption....

With BBOS it was very important to match the hardware and OS version on two devices... I can see a lot of trial and error. And that is if the file hasn't been damaged after all this time....
    02-04-19 07:33 AM
    So here is the situation. I had a Blackberry phone back in 2012. It was a phone that used the old Desktop Manager software. I lost the phone. I went to buy a new Blackberry and bought a Blackberry 10. I did not know that you can not take a saved file from a Blackberry phone using OS 7 and use that save file on Blackberry 10 phone. So basically, I had no one of using that BBB file for my new phone.

Fast forward to this year. I bought a Bold 9630. Bought it used and having issues with it. Anyway, I have been searching about how to "upload" this BBB file to a Blackberry phone using Desktop Manager and then find a way to transfer everything to what I use now, AN IPHONE.

Through my research and googling, it sounds like the only way I can utilize this BBB file is to find a phone that is running OS 7 so that I can use desktop manager and NOT BLACKBERRY LINK. I have a Macbook Pro running the latest software. It also seems like I have to find a PC THAT IS USING WINDOWS 7 (NOT 10) So I can download the older blackberry desktop manager that will work on an operating system.

Can someone please confirm this? Is there another route I can go? I currently dont have access to a PC to download Desktop Manager, let alone a PC that is running the older version of Windows, Windows 7. Since the Blackberry Phone I bought is having issues, I am looking at a BLACKBERRY BOLD TOUCH 9900. I BELIEVE THAT RUNS OS 7.

Any input or advice would be nice. Please help. Been spending the last two months trying to figure out what my options are.
    IF you just want to extract information from that backup, per example some contacts or messages, there is a program called Reincubate Blackberry Backup Extractor. It takes .bbb or .ipd files and lets you chose what to extract from it. And it works on Mac as well.
    03-09-19 07:52 AM