I've been trying to get my 6280 up and running for a bit now. Issue i've run into now is I can't get this thing to connect to the internet. I've been following the bold explorer guide, and tried to import anworm's wifi_gprs service books (which worked fine on my 7290 running bbos 4.1) onto my 6280 but when I try to import them it just gives me an error saying they aren't compatible. I've tried splitting the ipd file up to see if maybe just one of the service book entries would work but still nothing. Phone was wiped and has no prior service book entries I can work off of

My 6280 is on bbos 4.0, Were ipd files different pre 4.1 vs post 4.1? Does anyone have pre 4.0 service books I could try tweaking, or schooling me on service books a bit?

This very well may be a waste of time but it's a bit of a personal challenge to me to see what the oldest blackberry I can still get use out of(Despite hopw terrible web browsing will be on a monochrome screen)
    03-28-20 01:59 PM
    I've been trying to get my 6280 up and running for a bit now. Issue i've run into now is I can't get this thing to connect to the internet. I've been following the bold explorer guide, and tried to import anworm's wifi_gprs service books (which worked fine on my 7290 running bbos 4.1) onto my 6280 but when I try to import them it just gives me an error saying they aren't compatible. I've tried splitting the ipd file up to see if maybe just one of the service book entries would work but still nothing. Phone was wiped and has no prior service book entries I can work off of

My 6280 is on bbos 4.0, Were ipd files different pre 4.1 vs post 4.1? Does anyone have pre 4.0 service books I could try tweaking, or schooling me on service books a bit?

This very well may be a waste of time but it's a bit of a personal challenge to me to see what the oldest blackberry I can still get use out of(Despite hopw terrible web browsing will be on a monochrome screen)
    Isn't that an non-WiFi device that requires 2G network... Does your carrier offer 2G?
    03-30-20 07:42 AM
    Yep it is, I have US mobile which uses tmobile towers so I get 2g just fine. It can send texts and place phone calls just fine
    03-30-20 08:23 AM
    What tool do you use to extract the books? I have several 62xx 67xx in stock and might find some for you.
    04-23-20 01:59 AM
    Oh cool that'd be a huge help!I took a backup of just the service books with desktop software 4.5, and I've been using magicberry for service book manipulation
    04-29-20 08:50 AM
    Oh cool that'd be a huge help!I took a backup of just the service books with desktop software 4.5, and I've been using magicberry for service book manipulation
    Any luck with the service books I sent you? I'm that guy from eBay with the 6230 prototype books. I mai find some more books if that didn't work
    05-03-20 01:52 AM
    Any luck with the service books I sent you? I'm that guy from eBay with the 6230 prototype books. I mai find some more books if that didn't work
    Ah, so that's you! A little bit, they were able to be loaded up on the phone, but they broke as soon as a tried modifying them. I'm still trying a few different thibgs but they were a huge help in understanding how they a differ from newer service books.Let mw know if you fimd others as well!
    05-03-20 10:54 AM
    Ah, so that's you! A little bit, they were able to be loaded up on the phone, but they broke as soon as a tried modifying them. I'm still trying a few different thibgs but they were a huge help in understanding how they a differ from newer service books.Let mw know if you fimd others as well!
    For those of you that always think I'm just a smart arse......

This is how things were on CrackBerry and what attracted me from the beginning. For those who think real CrackBerry will ever die..... LMAO

Posted via CB10
    05-10-20 11:14 AM
    Hey, I've got some service books from this 6230 model, running OS 3.7, you can find them here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LWY...ew?usp=sharing
    Chuck Finley69 and imradlol like this.
    06-11-20 03:50 PM
    Hey, I've got some service books from this 6230 model, running OS 3.7, you can find them here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LWY...ew?usp=sharing
    Thanks! I'll take a look at them!
    Chuck Finley69 likes this.
    06-12-20 01:52 PM
    Thanks! I'll take a look at them!
    Just a simple observation. That's really cool of you to remember and help out each other.
    imradlol likes this.
    06-12-20 04:38 PM
    Just a simple observation. That's really cool of you to remember and help out each other.
    Oh, I'm very passionate about these older BlackBerry models and try to help others keep them alive
    06-12-20 04:59 PM