Hello,
    I have a 7520 on the Nextel/Cing network and I am trying to replace with a 8700g on Cellular One( soon to be ATT). I did a backup with my 7520 and then a restore on my 8700. Everything transferred except the phone contacts. I tried using advanced options - no change. I have tried all day and BB support hasn't helped. I get a message: "Cannot backup or restore the following database: AddressBook. The data is not recognized by the device." I have over 700 contacts and can't imagine reentering them. Also am running Outlook and it has been reflecting any and all changes I make in my 7520. Any help will be appreciated.
    Jim
    11-01-07 09:03 AM
    Hi brand new here. I bought the blackberry pearl recently, and no matter what I
    do, I can't transfer my contacts from my LG500. I've even went through the sim card option and nothing. It says that there's no contacts on the simcard. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    12-07-07 09:54 AM
    The best way to move contacts from one device to another is to sync the old one to Outlook on a computer, then sync the new device. Outlook is the one common link for most phones. Almost all devices that can sync to a computer recognize Outlook.
    01-01-08 08:47 PM
    how can i downlaod rings in 7520 blackberry i am a new guy please help thx
    02-02-08 10:18 AM
    I just got my first blackberry, a 7520 and can not figure out how to load my sim to the phone. Its like my address book is missing! HELP?!
    02-06-08 07:48 PM
    first, to answer the first poster here; the reason that you cannot update your blackberry 8*** phone with your 7520 contacts is because they are stored in two different ways, your best bet would be to like poster 2 said, sync with outlook; resync with new phone. As for sim card use, it requires that you take your old sim card to a sprint/nextel shop and have then upload it to a computer, then reindex the names so that a balckberry can access them, and place them on your sim card. Good Luck everyone.
    03-06-08 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD