i happen to get an older blackberry 7250 in working condition. it happens to be running blackberry os 4.1. i have wanted to possibly use the phone but would want to know a few things. i would want to know where i would find the old blackberry programs and also what os this old blackberry can go up to and how to install the programs. i know lots of you out there would say ditch this old thing and get a new one but right now finding one that works with verizon is hard. i looked on craigslist and found maybe one that would all the rest were att or sprint and maybe the random t-mobile ones. i do have one other slightly newer blackberry but it needs a new battery and batteries are not to easy to come by these days and very few places at all other then amazon but with todays batteries you cant be certain what u would get if you do find one. anyhow how am i to go bout this matter with the programs and even installing them?
    06-21-17 03:08 AM
    i happen to get an older blackberry 7250 in working condition. it happens to be running blackberry os 4.1. i have wanted to possibly use the phone but would want to know a few things. i would want to know where i would find the old blackberry programs and also what os this old blackberry can go up to and how to install the programs. i know lots of you out there would say ditch this old thing and get a new one but right now finding one that works with verizon is hard. i looked on craigslist and found maybe one that would all the rest were att or sprint and maybe the random t-mobile ones. i do have one other slightly newer blackberry but it needs a new battery and batteries are not to easy to come by these days and very few places at all other then amazon but with todays batteries you cant be certain what u would get if you do find one. anyhow how am i to go bout this matter with the programs and even installing them?
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I won't tell you to ditch that old thing. No blackberry is for ditching in my book.
    4.1 is the latest OS you can have for it. In terms of apps, depends on what you are looking for. In terms of games, I have been uploading a few in this topic over here: https://forums.crackberry.com/older-...4-1-a-1043258/

You load them using BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) program on your PC. You can load apps using the App Loader. You cand find that here:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...80AF145184E515

Select your model from the drop down list and install the App Loader. Connect your phone and in the program you can add apps that you previously downloaded to the phone.
    07-14-17 03:25 PM