I needed a phone for quick easy texting, so I bought a used bb 6230 on ebay. I am with t-mobile. I purchased a bb service package from t-mobile for the phone that had texting and phone and browsing/email for $$ per month, about the same as I paid for the actual phone. So now it will do everything but text. If I get a text, and want to reply, there is no option for that, it will let me call or email the person, but not text.
    Anyone know what I can do to fix this? Thanks! InkieCat
    09-09-09 10:11 AM
    Make sure the device has the newest OS available for it installed. You can access your service provider to see what version is the newest here. BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    To find whats on your device go to options(the wrench) then about.
    If it is up to date you will need to have the service books resent to the device.
    Go here on your pc to do this https://my.t-mobile.com/Login/?rc=&d...2fDefault.aspx
    If it doesnt show you a link to manage blackberry email then you will just click on the "not your phone" link and select your phone then it will show up. Hope this helps you out. Welcome to CB.
    09-09-09 10:21 AM
    I have the updated software, I got that on t-mobile last night. I will see if I can get the service book sent, I saw that last night, but have not found it yet this morning...thanks, will let you know if I get it working
    09-09-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD