Hi, I just started using a 7290 and there are no icons for "tasks" or "notes." (I bought the phone used) I synced using intellisync from the desktop software thinking that this would fix it, and it appeared to sync everything, but still no notes and/or tasks. I clicked the "show all" icons and still nothing....
    Can anyone help??

Thanks!
    11-06-07 01:39 PM
    I would try reloading the OS. Since it's used, that's probably not a bad idea...

Download the OS from your carriers website, plus you'd get an updated OS, probably...
    11-06-07 02:25 PM
    The icons may just be hidden. Press the alt key then click the track wheel and select Show All.
    11-06-07 02:27 PM
    Thanks. Reloading the OS worked like a charm!!!
    11-07-07 08:49 AM
    I have a similar problem. I tried to update my OS software from 4.0.2 to 4.1.1 and after a hiccup, I was able to upload the new OS. But now, I have lost my Tasks and Memopad. So I guess I need the original OS to get those things back? I just wanted to have the most current software so when I get my data plan I can have a good browser and AIM application functioning on my phone.

And if I do need the original OS, can you supply me with the link to the software geauxtigers? Thanks.
    11-19-07 08:09 PM
    I bought a used unlocked 7290 online and it did not have the tasks and memopad. I downloaded the updated desktop and handheld software from Tmobile using the dummy number. Install the desktop software first, then the handheld. Run the application loader and you will see options for tasks and memopad (also a myriad of other things). Just checkmark what you want, click next and thats it. I AM PLEASED!
    11-27-07 08:58 AM
    I found that when I installed the software that came with my T-mobile branded 8320, I lack all the P.I.M. software.

I've tried re-loading the desktop software to no avail.

Tried downloading software from T-mobile website but I seem to have a later version than whats online V4.2.2.184 (Platform 2.5.0.40) vs. V4.2.2.180 on the site.

I'll be willing to try it anyway. Billwalkeremc, please what is the 'dummy number' for T-mobile?

Help anyone who can direct me to anywhere else that I can get the COMPLETE software package?

First BB (having moved from Palm-TX); loving it but just need my life organizing (and affirming) apps!

Thanks!

ps. I just re-read your post billwalkeremc and you said there were TWO software: updated desktop and handheld software. I'll go looking.
    Last edited by eezeebee; 08-08-08 at 03:28 AM.
    08-08-08 03:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD