I picked up a BB7280 on ebay, used and unlocked, to use as a backup, as my Pearl is on the fritz. When I browsed through the phone I noticed there were old messages and contacts on it from previous owner. I wiped the phone to get rid of all old info, security policies, etc. Now when I power it up I have GPRS in all caps, showing I have data service, I get the cingular browser and the internet browser, but there is no blackberry setup icon, so I can't set up email.

I tried going to options, host routing table, and registering with the host. I receive a message that I am registered, but still no go. The browser works great and when I throw the SIM card back in my Blackberry Pearl everything works great; browser, email, etc. However, if I can't get email set up on the 7280, then it's pretty much worthless to me as a backup.

Any ideas?
    01-27-09 02:30 PM
    When you are switching phones like this you have to log into your at7t bis webpage and update your pin. Then send service books and your emails and internet will work on that device.
    01-27-09 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD