hello,
    I bought an unlocked blackberry 7290 from EbaY. I figured out how to reset my password so getting into the phone is not a problem. However, I want to disable the password so I do not have to enter the password everytime I want to use the phone. I went to the "password keeper" but it only prmpts me to put in the "old password" and then the "new password". I went to "Options" and then "security" and it says the password is "enabled". When I use the trackwheel to change enabled to disabled the word "disabled" won't show. The only other options under Security are "Change password" "Wipe Handheld" "verify Security Sofware" and "call Voicemail". Can someone help
    07-31-09 06:24 PM
    If you haven't already, try doing a wipe. That should restore the BB to factory settings.

If that doesn't work, there may be an IT policy on the device that needs to be removed/overwritten. Many of the older 7290s were originally corporate devices, and leftover IT policies aren't uncommon.

You can use these instructions to overwrite an existing policy with a blank one:

Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    08-01-09 02:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD