If you have service with a major carrier most likely you have earned an upgrade by now. Upgrade it!
    01-03-10 10:04 AM
    Never cared much about what others think. I've had the 8330 since April 15, 2009. It does everything I need it to do, and I can read it without my glasses.
    (Can't say that about the Tour that I added to the 2nd line later). I'll use the Curve until it dies or is killed, and then probably get another one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 12:41 PM
    if it make phones calls. can send a text. and hold a charge. who cares if it old and rubbish. its a working blackberry.
    01-04-10 02:11 AM
    I had jury duty a few months ago and we were going through the selection process and the lawyer asked if we'd just him based on our opinions and I had to tell him "Honestly, no. But I am judging you based on the age of your blackberry." I mean, it was like the first blackberry ever! And yeah, it's crazy but if I had to hire him I'd second guess myself if he pulled that out to schedule our next meeting.
    01-11-10 03:46 PM
    Many of the executives at my company still use their old 6710's and 7xxx models I bet they aren't embarrassed.
    01-12-10 09:45 AM
    F , I mean bump what everyone else thinks. If it works, holds a charge and does what you need it to do; upgrade when you're d@mn well ready to. In the days of PS3, X-Box 360, and what ever else is out there, I just recently picked up an Atari 5200 off of eBay, Why, cuz I loved that freakin' game system and I'm happy as flies on you know what. To heck with everyone else, IMO!!! BTW, I had an old NEC cellphone that was as big as a family size can of beans and if I still had it, I might rock it every once in a while. Too big to misplace: Done that with new school phones! You're never have it in you pants pocket and sit on it destroying it: Done that with new school phones! Miss a call because you didn't feel it vibrate: My whole freakin' leg vibrated with it! Leave a New Years Eve party sightly drunk, (don't drink anymore) set in on top of your car, drive off, hear some fall off the car at 40 MPH, get home 10 miles away, realize what it was, go back and find it in the middle of the street resting on a patch of ice, not damaged. Nothing was a match for it until coming home from work at 6 AM stopping to get some gas, a hey, no one is outside- I'll leave my windows down; I missed Joe the crackhead lurking around and my beloved NEC was history. Okay you get the point; I'm going to bed!!!
    Last edited by decolur455; 01-20-10 at 03:32 AM. Reason: typo
    01-20-10 03:30 AM
    Hi i have a BB 8310 edge, all my friends say its old and rubbish!
    should i be ashamed and upgrade or is this an exceptable model?
    it's fine and gets the job done. i still keep a 8703e around for when my tour or current bb fails. why? because it works and gets the job done.
    01-20-10 08:48 AM
    im jsut going to say because i had a Motorola v600 for like maybe a year and i got crap about it all the time but i loved that thing i could drop it and it wouldn't bread i could bring it anywhere and not care if it gets lost/stolen i only got my moms berry when my phone just went crazy. but seriously that thing was just fun to walk around with because it was so old i could just walk up to people and say wow your phone is a piece of crap, then whip my phone out and start texting. ahh that got me a good amount of laughs XD
    01-26-10 09:16 PM
    Just got a new 8700G and have used every freakin berry model made since. I have sold them all and keep goin back to my 8700G. Its rock solid and isn't a cheaply made model like the newer versions, sadly of course. I love this older berry and you should love yours too.

02-07-10 02:21 PM
    i honestly have to say i would make fun of you. haha sorry trying to be truthful here.
    02-08-10 08:07 PM
    my buddy uses a 7290. I make fun of it all the time.

I actually got him a new one on ebay for 30 bucks when his died.

He tells me he likes the wheel still ?

I never liked the "nipple" as he calls it but really like the new track pad.

I guess eventually you have to upgrade to get the net working etc..

to each his own but it is fun to bug him about it :d
    02-15-10 08:36 PM
    I'm still using my first bb a 8300. I've replaced the battery and trackball in 2 1/2 years and it has a few battle wounds but still going strong. I really want a 9700 though.
    02-15-10 08:52 PM
    No. My sister got one and still use it. I tried to actually give her Blackberry Tour too since they said I could have 4 blackberry tour for .99 cents per bb. However, my sister constantly telling me no and she wants to keep the VERY VERY old blackberry. It's a old fashioned smartphone, sure. But it's awesome lookin'. If everyone has new blackberry and all that around the room you are in and then you have the old one, that you will feel the only person has coolest phone.
    02-16-10 06:44 PM
    Lol, forget it, douches will continue to be douches, if it works, it works I had a 7xxx series at the begining of last year and I freakin' loved it, I exchanged it for a Palm Treo and it was ****, went back to the old 'berry, until I bought my Flip, and now THAT crashes too, I would go back to it but it doesn�t charge anymore so I can't...
    02-16-10 10:38 PM
    as long as your happy with it and it does what you want to **** with everyone else, i still keep a nokia 7110 in a draw just for the nostalgic value and i love the phone so much wont part with it.
    02-17-10 05:20 AM
    my son (18) has my old 87700c and it is still going strong!!!he has dropped it, ran over it(yes, in a car) and tons of other horrific things to it and it still goes!!!!love it!!!!(shhhh, i like the old trackwheels )
    02-18-10 01:36 PM
    oops 8700c!!sorry
    02-18-10 01:36 PM
    lmao @ grandpa berry
    02-18-10 01:38 PM
    No it isn't embarrassing.
    I like the look of that phone.
    Especially the keypad looks nice.
    02-18-10 01:52 PM
    You have a blackberry, that is awesome. i have a 7290, i bought it for 10 bux. It is awesome. I have had newer. This one is INDESTRUCTIBLE. I love it.
    Enjoy yours and who cares? It is a phone for Pete's sake.
    02-18-10 11:41 PM
    Don't be ashamed. I have had mine since October 2007. Can't remember how many times i have dropped it and it still works. Rogers in Canada tripled the speed of it Edge network and I can stream TV and radio on the go. My friends with there company locked 9000, 9700, and 8900 are in awe of my apps. Only down side is its limited internal memory. Just keep your memory free above 10mb and you will be fine.
    02-21-10 01:54 PM
    I just got back from a gruelling excursion into the Sahara Desert around south Morocco / Mauritania. I was with a group of individuals with iPhones, flashy Nokias and one chap with a trackball Bold. We had a job to do while we were there but there was plenty of downtime and that's when the phones come out.

We were the only two getting our emails, the iPhones and Nokias could only text or make voice calls. I was happily browsing wherever there was mobile signal, handling my emails and keeping in touch with the missus with BB messenger. In the tent at night I had movies and songs for entertainment.

By the end of the trip the non BB users were convinced they needed a Blackberry. They'd seen mine working flat out the whole trip, smashing the emails and Google and GPS non stop, whilst their newer phones sat in their pockets. These guys weren't up on the history of BB phones, but as far as they were concerned my humble old 8310 was a high watermark of technology! It's a classic phone; sometimes it's nice to own something that doesn't have built in obselesence.

I might add that it's interesting when you compare reviews of a product on its release compared to how it is regarded a few years down the line. When a new product comes to market, it is assessed on its specifications, performance in the hand of the reviewer over a very limited time span and looks. As time goes by, things either stand the test of time or they don't. Factors such as reliability and build quality and serviceability become more relevant. People who work in tech support for service providers often have a greater insight into what makes a good phone, and time and again you'll hear testament of the reliability of the Curve.

Does that make it cool though? Not a chance! ;-)
    Last edited by dodger_moore; 03-10-10 at 06:07 PM.
    03-10-10 02:58 PM
    If you like the phone...who cares what anybody else thinks
    03-18-10 08:08 PM
    consider yourself lucky, some ppl cant even afford one.
    +1
    Very lucky, most of my friends don't have and/or don't have the money too

03-21-10 11:40 PM
    Hi i have a BB 8310 edge, all my friends say its old and rubbish!
    should i be ashamed and upgrade or is this an exceptable model?
    No you shouldn't be ashamed I used to rock a 8700g lol that thing was a brick but a great phone

03-26-10 05:22 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD