Hey guys,so I got my hands on an old Blackberry 5820 wich is verry rare,not a single one on ebay.I found it at a market,convinced the seller it is outdated and worth nothing (but thinking about his value) and got it for 10�!I got a caddle from ebay,charged it,guess what?it is fully working in UK!I am not planing to use it every day,just for nostalgia.I love this model!
    I was wondering,are there any games or apps for the monochrome BB's?I know the RIMmario version of Mario bros.Any others?Please post names or links.Highly apreciated!
    Another thing,most laptops don't have the old COM hub for the caddle.If I buy an adaptor from COM to USB will the BB desktop manager recognise it and be able to install software/sync?
    (Sorry for my english)
    03-18-12 08:43 PM
    I've been doing some research and i found 16 great games for the old monochrome models,on OS 1.0
    I put them in one file,if someone wants them.
    The pack includes Mario bros,Dr Mario,tetris,RIM Chicken,Arkanoid, Sketch,Space invaders and others.
    Enjoy!

Download here: ShareMobile - File Info
    03-27-12 11:36 AM
    I've been doing some research and i found 16 great games for the old monochrome models,on OS 1.0
    I put them in one file,if someone wants them.
    The pack includes Mario bros,Dr Mario,tetris,RIM Chicken,Arkanoid, Sketch,Space invaders and others.
    Enjoy!

Download here: ShareMobile - File Info

i'm much surprised that your are still one of those rare people who love the old blackberry in these days, also thanks for sharing your app and game here, it's amazing for blackberry fans.

could you tell me how to install or load these lower version apps &games to 5820/R900? as most of them are "ALI and DLL" file not today's "ALX and COD" file. use 2.1 desktop software? if so,pl's provide us a download link for it.so i can have a chance to try to install these apps or games to my R900

thanks and regards
    Last edited by nsese; 01-25-14 at 11:43 PM.
    01-24-14 03:39 AM
    now,i got it
    02-12-14 04:39 AM
    I know I started this thread 2 years ago but if anyone is still interested in installing games on the old 957 or 857 you will need:

Blackberry Desktop 3.5 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwx...ew?usp=sharing
    The archive with the games (old link died) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwx...ew?usp=sharing
    Docking station connected to a RS-232 port or USB if you have a RS-232 to USB converter

Just start the Desktop software, connect your RIM device to the PC (if using the RS-232 to USB converter make sure to tick that On in the Desktop software's settings) and select Load App. Browse the folder you got from the archive and enjoy your games.

I made a video of me playing a couple of the games. You can check it out here
    03-03-16 04:51 PM
    Rare? This one is brandnew and never used! I knew my hoarding was worth it.
    Monochrome games&apps?-img_20161222_232820.jpg

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    12-22-16 10:28 PM
    Hello, I have 2 older BB 8830's. One of them is practically new, but I need to transfer all the addresses/calendar info to it from my old very used second BB 8830 I don't know if anyone has a solution to this problem but I thought I'd ask: my old BB 8830 will not sync to my desktop anymore, so that I may transfer all the address book to my another BB 8830 I have or to a new Verizon prepaid phone. I tried the old Blackberry user tools disk, and I also tried the new disk supplied with my newer BB 8830. No dice. Neither will successfully load to my desktop, so I may sync the data to a new phone. This is what the Blackberry website states: “"BlackBerry Desktop Manager is no longer supported by BlackBerry." So, in your expert option, how do I get the address book + my full calendar schedule transferred to a newer phone. I would like to avoid having to re-enter all the information, full calendar schedule etc, into a new cell phone. Any solutions you can think of to this problem? I am not technically sophisticated, so please explain in detail if you know the answer to this data transfer dilemma. Thanks a lot!
    09-13-18 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD