I just purchased a 7290 off of ebay for $25 with all the cables etc...

I used an 8703e for a few years then my employer made me get a Motorola Q...ack...So now I'm unemployed and just want something with a full qwerty for texting and making calls...(no data plan)

Will the 7290(unlocked to be used with tmobile) be a dissapointment compared to the 8703e? I've seen talk of Lag and such and possibly
    brightness problems I onl

I purchased it because of the condition (used a few months and cables still wrapped in plastic) and because the forums suggest the keyboard is nice...

Oh! And thanks for having me on crackberry

Our family has:

Blackberry Curve 8320
    Blackberry Pearl 8100
    and now: Blackberry 7290
    05-30-09 08:52 AM
    It wont really be a disappointment. It is a little larger than the 87xx series. I like it for typing better than the 87xx.Your not going to have polyphonic ringtones mp3 or anything like that. It will do text just fine. Good device...I still rock mine from time to time.
    05-30-09 09:08 AM
    welcome crackberry family! You must be collect blackberries, don't you?

I wish you the best luck with 7290..
    05-31-09 06:39 AM
    I loved my 7290, it will do just what you need. It is a bit bulky though.
    05-31-09 06:43 AM
    Got the 7290 today and its locked to a network cingular/at&t I guess.

CRUD...gonna give them a call and see how long it takes them to hang up on me laughing when I ask for an unlock code fora phone I bought on ebay..perfect.

---edit---

Just got the off the phone with AT&T and they are telling me they can't unlock the phone and they can't tell me why.

--- edit # 2 --

After looking everywhere for how to unlock it and opening a dispute against the seller I called AT&T again and they gave me the code in about 4 minutes flat and I unlocked it...seems to be working fine.
    Last edited by KentuckyJ; 06-01-09 at 03:57 PM.
    06-01-09 01:02 PM
    Sorry just seeing this now. Glad you got it going. Let me know if you need help with anything else.
    06-01-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD