So I am trying to restore a AT&T (pre-Cingular) BlackBerry 6210 for personal use and to kill time, also as a back-up phone because three batteries aren't enough to get me through a 24 hour period on my Bold 9000 when put under heavy use.

I am trying to update to the latest official OS and I run into a continually problem when using the Application Loader.

Error occurs when connecting to boot rom when I am in the updating process.

I get this error.

"1. Disconnect your device and wait 10 seconds.
    2. Turn off the Power Management settings on your computer
    a. Control Panel > System
    b. On the Hardwaer tab, click Device Manager
    c. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers
    d. Right-click on USB Root Hub and select properties
    e. Go to the Power Management tab
    f. Select "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and click OK
    3. Connect your device dreictly to a USB port on your computer. Do not use an intermediary device, including:
    a. USB hub
    b. USB extension cable
    c. Laptop docking station
    d. USB port in front of the computer
    4. Click Retry"

I follow these instructions thoroughly and the issue persist. I delete the vendor file prior.

Does anyone have any ideas to get this device to work?

UPDATE: After a relentless fight with this older being I have been able to defeat it by installing an older version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager on my laptop, utter fail. Then I got crafty, got onto an older Windows XP computer, loaded a latest OS and BB Desktop Manager and BAM! With an unlock code in hand I am set and ready to go.
    Last edited by CL8Baller; 08-04-11 at 11:03 AM. Reason: BAM!
    08-04-11 12:29 AM
    Download your latest OS for your device and install it.

Follow these steps
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    Also clean your registry. use BBSAK
    08-04-11 09:42 AM
    Tried that earlier, also did not work.
    Its strange because whenever I would update any of my other devices it would work just fine.
    08-04-11 10:47 AM
    Were u ever able to make your BlackBerry 6210 work?
    08-09-11 07:02 PM
    So I am trying to restore a AT&T (pre-Cingular) BlackBerry 6210 for personal use and to kill time, also as a back-up phone because three batteries aren't enough to get me through a 24 hour period on my Bold 9000 when put under heavy use.

I am trying to update to the latest official OS and I run into a continually problem when using the Application Loader.

Error occurs when connecting to boot rom when I am in the updating process.

I get this error.

"1. Disconnect your device and wait 10 seconds.
    2. Turn off the Power Management settings on your computer
    a. Control Panel > System
    b. On the Hardwaer tab, click Device Manager
    c. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers
    d. Right-click on USB Root Hub and select properties
    e. Go to the Power Management tab
    f. Select "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and click OK
    3. Connect your device dreictly to a USB port on your computer. Do not use an intermediary device, including:
    a. USB hub
    b. USB extension cable
    c. Laptop docking station
    d. USB port in front of the computer
    4. Click Retry"

I follow these instructions thoroughly and the issue persist. I delete the vendor file prior.

Does anyone have any ideas to get this device to work?

UPDATE: After a relentless fight with this older being I have been able to defeat it by installing an older version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager on my laptop, utter fail. Then I got crafty, got onto an older Windows XP computer, loaded a latest OS and BB Desktop Manager and BAM! With an unlock code in hand I am set and ready to go.
    Is this an actual "UPDATE" to your problem... Just wondering? Because im tryn to activate the 6210 and im having the same problem...
    08-09-11 07:04 PM
    You likely need to find an older version of DM. Also try to use apploader instead and see if that works.
    12-21-11 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD