My 9300 got stolen, so I ended up getting the 8830,
    . Needless to say, I found the 9300 much easier to use and I now have the problem of not being able to sms or phone cause my number is not put into my 8830. Its second hand, so I don't know if you are unable to change it after its already been put in, or do I need to find it in a new place on the phone, cause I can't find it in the setup. Please Help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-11 12:43 PM
    Your number should show up when you activate the device. Not sure if you're trying to do something different.

Perhaps the callback number is what you want to change?
    04-28-11 01:07 PM
    Well its just where it says own number. Its still on the previous owner's name. Also, its from New Zealand, and I'm in South Africa, so I'm not sure if that has any bearing on it? When I try to make a phone call it says telecom in New Zealand has detected that you are not using the same number, please call for assistance, or change the relevant information. So that's what I need to figure out how to do.

As for the call back number, I changed that to my number, and it didn't work. That may be the reason why I can receive phone calls and short messages. So I'm just really confused about how to do this.

04-30-11 09:38 AM
    i have the same problem. anyone out there have a fix?
    05-01-11 10:41 AM
    Ok, so I found out how to fix it via the help option on my phone in the multiple phone numbers section. It says to click general options in the phone options, change the active line Field, press the menu key and then click save. Either I dont know where my phone options are or I dont have a change active line option. Can anybody help me out with this?

05-09-11 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD