Hi all -- please forgive me if this has already been posted. I have T-Mobile and just bought a 7280 blackberry on ebay. It says Cingular on the front. The phone was unlocked when I bought it. I put in my SIM card and have been able to make/receive calls, but I am not able to access email or sms. I bought the internet package with Tmobile for $9.99/mnth. I also have an sms package, so I should be able to use these features, right? At the top of the screen, there's a message about data connection... I called Tmobile, they said they had to activate some kind of network thing (??) but couldn't do it on this model phone. Soo... what to do now? I thought any unlocked phone could work FULLY with my SIM card. Did I make a bad purchase? Maybe I'm pushing the wrong buttons... The manual for this model is terrible. There's no diagram to tell me what button is what. For example, the operating manual will say "press ESC" (no esc button on the keypad) or "open the email" --- well, how the heck do I do that??? I've faked it so far to understand what to push for making/receiving calls, but I cannot (FOR THE LIFE OF ME) get it to access some kind of screen to type an sms or to view my phonebook. Interestingly, after I called Tmobile, the screen did change and it said "Tmobile" at the top.... then after I restarted it, it was back to the data connection message. Also to note: the time/date will not change! I am constantly getting stuck on the "change time/date" screen... I make my changes, click save, but the changes do NOT save. I'm so frustrated -- please help me!!!!! totallymalibu@yahoo.com
    12-07-09 01:24 PM
    You've got two issues I can think of.
    1. IDK what device you told Tmo you have, but BlackBerry data is closer to $30 a month, so you need to make sure that's what you're set up for.
    2. You need to make sure you have the correct TCP settings since it probably still has the Cingular settings on it.

Carrier specific APN/TCP settings - BlackBerryFAQ

From all the TBLers, to our CrackBerrian brethren.
    May God bless you and yours during this holiday season.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD