Hello, I don't know if anyone has a solution to this problem: my old BB 8830 will not sync to my desktop anymore, so that I may transfer all the address book to my another BB 8830 I have or to a new Verizon prepaid phone. I tried the old Blackberry user tools disk, and I also tried the new disk supplied with my newer BB 8830. No dice. Neither will successfully load to my desktop, so I may sync the data to a new phone. This is what the Blackberry website states: “"BlackBerry Desktop Manager is no longer supported by BlackBerry." So, in your expert option, how do I get the address book + my full calendar schedule transferred to a newer phone. I would like to avoid having to re-enter all the information, full calendar schedule etc, into a new cell phone. Any solutions you can think of to this problem? I am not technically sophisticated, so please explain in detail if you know the answer to this data transfer dilemma.

BTW, this is some advice I received but I am not sure I know this means to do:
    “If you can install the BlackBerry Content Transfer app on the 8830... might get most your data moved over.” Is this the solution or are there other easy ways transfer the data to my new phone? Thanks a lot!
    09-13-18 05:03 PM
    BTW, this is some advice I received but I am not sure I know this means to do:
    “If you can install the BlackBerry Content Transfer app on the 8830... might get most your data moved over.” Is this the solution or are there other easy ways transfer the data to my new phone? Thanks a lot!
    That's only really good if you're transferring to a new Android device. Honestly, most of the BBOS apps that would have helped you out are long dead and gone. I'm not even sure what may still be alive to help you out.
    09-13-18 05:39 PM
    Thank you. I just stopped by the Verizon store and the Rep there informed me: The towers are all changing as soon as 3 months from now to 5G so I won't be able to use either of my 3G blackberry 8830's after that (my handy BB's becoming obsolete now); If I get another prepaid phone I will have to change my number (NO), Flip phone users will be forced to buy updated compatible phones (No Choice); This Rep states the store can do a "hard transfer" copy of the data from my 3G BB 8830 to a new $240. Samsung Galaxy J7 V 2nd Gen post-paid phone (Hope so). This is the phone she advised me to get if I do not want to pay a whole lot more, but I have not purchased it just yet. I am not completely sure I will like it, so I'll keep the price down. So, bottom line, I guess I will end up with one practically new & unused BB 8830 + one well used BB 8830 that can be my back up data storage unit. Let me know of any further comments you may have
    09-13-18 09:31 PM