i just got a blackberry 6210 online that is for att wireless.i have att wireless at the moment,and when i put the sim card in it,the phone says invalid sim card.i have tried both a newer att card and the 64bit card and both say the same thing.the weird thing is i have an old 7730 unlocked and it worked just fine with my sim card in it.i wouldnt think it would need to be unlocked too to use it.can anyone help?
    07-03-08 05:04 PM
    is it for the Pre-Cingular merger ATT or the post Cingular blackberry?
    07-03-08 05:08 PM
    Also, where did you purchase it? The reason I ask is because the pre-Cingular merger's devices was technically a different network than what is now. It's all confusing, I know. But you'd need unlock codes for the older devices (if it is indeed a pre-Cingular merger device).

One more thing, have you tried your SIM card in another device and another SIM card in that device? That will determine whether it is your phone with the issue or the SIM card....
    07-03-08 05:10 PM
    on the blackberry it says at&t wireless.iam not too sure about it.all i know it was disconntinued by them.i purchased it from ebay.the phone was in my unlocked motorola and works just fine.do u think if i go in the att store they will unlock it for me for free?
    Last edited by kevincad; 07-03-08 at 05:14 PM.
    07-03-08 05:12 PM
    If your SIM card works in another device, I am willing to bet it's because it's a pre-Cingular merger device. In which case you'd need to unlock it (well, at least to my knowledge).
    07-03-08 05:13 PM
    ok,iam hoping att will help me out with unlocking it.
    07-03-08 05:17 PM
    Just tell them (at customer service) that you have an ATT wireless BB from before ATT and Cingular merged (or at least that's what we think), and you'd like to use it on your existing service, and to please help you unlock it. If I knew how to do that, I would certainly help you! But, alas, I do not. Good Luck, let me know how it goes.
    07-03-08 05:19 PM
    on the blackberry it says at&t wireless.iam not too sure about it.all i know it was disconntinued by them.i purchased it from ebay.the phone was in my unlocked motorola and works just fine.do u think if i go in the att store they will unlock it for me for free?
    Sorry, I missed the last part...I doubt they'll do it in store. We were never given that information (unlock codes, etc) as COR sales reps...your best bet is to call Cust Service and plead with them for your help. If they can't help, you may want to check with your ebay seller about unlock codes, and if not, see about returning the device. It sucks, but I don't want to set unrealistic expectations for you...
    07-03-08 05:26 PM
    ok thanks for the help.ill let everyone know what happens.
    07-03-08 05:26 PM
    can i import ringtone to 6210?
    10-12-08 08:56 AM
    my 6230 have error 507? did anyone know how to fix it?
    Thanks
    10-24-08 10:19 AM
    GPS not working on my 8310 w/OS 4.5?
    10-24-08 10:20 AM
    can i import ringtone to 6210?
    my 6230 have error 507? did anyone know how to fix it?
    Thanks
    GPS not working on my 8310 w/OS 4.5?
    Talk about a thread Hijack jeez
    10-24-08 11:43 PM
    I just baught a blackberry 6210 out of necessity cuz my other phone broke.. and it says input password.. if tried to reset the device a few times but it doesnt seem to be working.. any suggestions?
    12-01-08 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD