I was hopeing to find some help with finding pink blackberry housing. I don't want a skin I want to change the housing. I know you can get them in the states but I don't want to spend $90 on a new blackberry. I'm in Ontario Canada and apparently we don't warrent blackberry colors for older models. if any one can help as I can't seem to find any any where that would be wonderful. Thank you!
    02-15-08 08:48 AM
    My luck at finding pink housing has come to no avail. So I decided to paint it. I got all the right tools and Hubby is helping me out with it. I took off all parts not being painted and covered the grey parts with masking tape. I also covered the back button for the battery. I figured this would give it something a little more interesting than just a pink back. When I'm done I'm going to post photos and tips on how I did it. And if it does not work out well I'll post that too. The color is a little lighter that I had wanted but it works for me. So far with one coat it looks good. I just wish I could keep the cats away from it lol. Oh well back to it. I'll post again shortly. I'm putting about 3 maybe 4 coats of paint and 2 maybe 3 coats of clear coating. So we, well I, will see soon.
    02-16-08 09:12 AM
    Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-08 10:17 AM
    just make sure you prep it properly, scuff it up well, and just get a small can of model paint from a hobby shop, it will adhere to the body of the BB very well. I'm gonna get a Curve case and do the same thing one of these days!!
    02-16-08 01:05 PM
    I had to sware that if I were to get a curve that I was not allowed to do this lol. I got spray paint that was ment for plastic and no sanding or priming required. It covered in 2 coats. I found some drops so my fourth coat was fixing them. Even my Husband gave it a once over. For my fourth coat I raised them up a little so any run off would not pool. It looks like it's metal now. It kind of cool. I have to wait 6 hours till I clear coat it. I did cheat to see how the buttons were going to look and it looks good. So so far I'm happy. You just have to live with out your blackberry, in my case pinkberry now, for like 2 days. That is the toughest part by far. But all will be good again once it's finished. I can't wait. I have been taking photos too.
    02-16-08 01:51 PM
    i dont wanna paint my nice red case, but i am gonna get a spare case, and paint that, not sure what color yey, although its not gonna be pink. lol. that way, i dont have to go without my BB for longer than it takes to swap the case
    02-16-08 02:11 PM
    hopefully tonight I can clear coat it. And I know pink is not everyones choice but I love pink. Now if I can just stop looking at it so it will dry lol.
    02-16-08 04:05 PM
    Male sure you post pictures!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-08 04:13 PM
    Ok all done. I tried to clear coat it but it bubled. But none the less it still looks good. I'm not sure how many coats I did. But my tip for this job it to make sure you have the sensors inside on the back tapped off. Hubby forgot them and nothing happened but it was just a bit annoying.
    I'm having trouble posting photos but I'll give it a try later.
    02-17-08 02:50 PM
    Ok so here is my pinkberry. I did paint the front and back however I did not like the feel of it. So I put on a black backing and left the pink front. I think it looks really cool. Now I get to play with my curve because Hubby said he's going to get me one. I'm such an addict lol. But I can't paint it but it's all good to me. It will be my 3rd BB in 2 months. He let me borrow one then got my own. But I'm greatful. Now how I painted it....

I used krylon fusion spray paint. This way it reduced the sanding and priming. Hubby bought the right tools, he is an expert in taking apart blackberrys lol. I took off the housing and placed the guts in a plastic bag as well as 6 screws, the keyboard and the phone button. I also took off the top buttons. Don't force these off there is a retaining clip. I laid out some plastic and taped off the grey part around the screen and taped off the Telus name on the front as well as the battery button on the back. I did about 4 coats, probally an over kill, however the paint covered in 2 coats. I have cats and one kept getting around my work space. I did buy clear spray made by krylon and used it on the back however it bubbled so I just skipped that. Just remember to give it lots of time to dry, I took a whole day. According to the instructions on the paint can say that in 7 days it will be chip resistant. Also have more than one case. I painted the front and back but I just did not like the feel so I was lucky enough to have a clean back. Also when you paint the back I find that it's hard to get the back on and off.
    So all in all it was a good experence, not one I will repeat on my curve. Oh and remember on the back cover to cover the sensor.

I hope my photos work out and thank you all for all your help and putting up with my long posts. But I have already gotten compliments and it's the first day out.

Have a great crackberry day.
    02-17-08 11:57 PM
    fancy! That is a much neater pink than I expected...kind of like a Pepto Hello Kitty
    01-07-09 07:27 PM
    OMG!!! that came out awesome!!!
    08-12-10 07:05 PM
    aw thats so pretty n_n
    11-03-10 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD