I have a Blackberry 7290. Recently, it has begun popping up a message that reads "Uncaught exception: path must contain a slash". Googleing for this phrase returns zero results, and I am kind of at a loss as to what to do.

At the suggestion of another post (which this forum software is refusing to allow me to link ) I put the Cable and Wireless version of Blackberry OS 4.1 on the device. Since then, this message has repeatedly come up. The exact version is 4.10.256 (Platform 1.8.0.143). The C&W version was supposed to resolve errors I was getting about "Null pointer exception", which it did.

This error appears seemingly at random. I powered the device on, left it untouched for 15 minutes, and came back to see it on the screen. If I click OK repeatedly, it eventually goes away for a few minutes.

Has anyone ever heard of this error? Any ideas what I can do to resolve it?. Which was trigging the Null Pointer exception mentioned above. Some help would really be appreciated!
    12-19-07 08:50 PM
    I have the same problem with my 7230 and need to resolve it. any help would be very much appreciated
    04-22-09 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD