Hi guys. I've just sorted out my Service Provider (T-Mo UK) so that all the Blackberry stuff works, but I find that whenever I try to download an app (GoogleTalk is what I really want), I get
    Code:
    error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor
    I'm running Linux on my desktop, so i'm hoping there's another way of doing this - is there a setting i've missed? I really don't want to have to set up XP in VM or (god forbid) dual boot again. Please tell me it isn't an OS version problem (v4.0.0.215).

Help!
    01-29-09 03:14 PM
    Hate to tell you this, but it is an OS problem. Google talk only supports 4.1 or newer. Do you have a friend with an xp pc?
    01-29-09 06:34 PM
    If your running ubuntu you might look into this Christina's blog: How to Sync Your Blackberry on Linux - Part 1
    I personally havent tried it but it seems as though it would work. I know there is Barry that will allow you to sync but not install apps. Sorry this is all I have for you right now.
    01-29-09 06:38 PM
    Ugh.

Ah well. Thanks for your help - i've got a copy of XP lying 'round somewhere, I guess i'll just go back to dual booting.

Thanks again.
    01-29-09 06:56 PM
    Yea I dual boot also. Sucks but its the price I pay to keep my blackberries all running smoothly.
    01-31-09 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD