I've been emailing a lot on both my blackberry bold 9900 and my older blackberry 7290 and am having a bit of trouble. I can receive emails just fine, but when I send them people get a message stating that it failed its domain's authentication requirements meaning that my emails go into their spam folder, even when they whitelist the address. This happens on both my AOL and my Outlook accounts. I have also set up a blackberry.com email on both handhelds which works perfectly for a couple of days and then fails to send any more emails, though it can still receive them. Does anyone know how this can be solved as it makes for blooming unreliable email communication, I'm often left waiting if people have received my emails or if they've gone straight to spam!
    09-24-20 06:09 AM
    Yes.... buy a new phone that is current.

Sorry but most the services on those phones are outdated and use older services - TLS on your BOLD is three revision behind the current standard today.

You can try some work around like found here... The Bold Explorer
    anon(10512033) likes this.
    09-24-20 01:14 PM
    Hahahaha fair enough, I do have a q10 but I'm a bit of a privacy nut and it doesn't quite fly with my jam. Not saying its not a great phone though!

Thanks for link, I will see what I can do with it.
    09-24-20 02:23 PM
    Thanks for link, I will see what I can do with it.
    I don't think that my site will be of much use to you if you're trying to deal with BIS issues. Likely as not, everything is just moving toward total failure.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-25-20 10:11 PM
    I don't think that my site will be of much use to you if you're trying to deal with BIS issues. Likely as not, everything is just moving toward total failure.
    I really don't know what else to tell them.... best place to find alternative app solutions.

And explains the shortcomings of doing email on BBOS devices - without out BIS or even with BIS.

By the time BIS gets shutdown in 2022 by BlackBerry.... I really wonder if it will matter. I suspect in many markets where it's an option, KaiOS is a better feature phone solution than BBOS at this point.
    anon(10512033) likes this.
    09-29-20 02:54 PM
    I really don't know what else to tell them.... best place to find alternative app solutions.

And explains the shortcomings of doing email on BBOS devices - without out BIS or even with BIS.
    I didn't intend to criticize you. Keep pointing people in my direction!

By the time BIS gets shutdown in 2022 by BlackBerry.... I really wonder if it will matter. I suspect in many markets where it's an option, KaiOS is a better feature phone solution than BBOS at this point.
    That may be true. I lurk in /r/dumbphones and /r/flipphones on reddit and the reports on KaiOS are quite mixed. But there's not much else to choose from when it comes to feature-esque phones.
    09-29-20 07:11 PM
    I didn't intend to criticize you. Keep pointing people in my direction!

That may be true. I lurk in /r/dumbphones and /r/flipphones on reddit and the reports on KaiOS are quite mixed. But there's not much else to choose from when it comes to feature-esque phones.
    Yeah I'm not really comfortable with KaiOS as it honestly has the same shortfalls as android privacy and data mining wise. As much as my old blackberries are perhaps more "hackable" but in terms of general privacy, I can't think of a better device to be using... for my purposes anyway.
    09-30-20 06:09 AM
    Yeah I'm not really comfortable with KaiOS as it honestly has the same shortfalls as android privacy and data mining wise. As much as my old blackberries are perhaps more "hackable" but in terms of general privacy, I can't think of a better device to be using... for my purposes anyway.
    One misunderstanding that I had of BBOS was that it was somehow encrypted and secure. I found out that BBOS was about data compression more than anything. You could temporarily move to BB10, however that’s pretty much headed for it’s own demise shortly as 3G is going away.

While I don’t think KaiOS is quite as intrusive to privacy as perhaps Android itself, the Google support of KaiOS does give expectations of some data mining at some even remote level.

My primary hardware is now iOS and secondary hardware is now Android but if choosing one, I feel Apple has the better control and image concerns with iOS that Google does or cares to have with Android due to how revenue is ultimately generated.

Saying to get an old dumb phone isn’t really an option since KaiOS seems to be default OS if not the only available OS for them now.

Perhaps you’re a candidate for some obscure phone like Pine I think it’s called
    09-30-20 07:42 AM
    Perhaps you’re a candidate for some obscure phone like Pine I think it’s called
    I hadn't heard of that but i've had a little look and it looks really interesting, I might have to think about that one. Thanks for the info!

Its a shame about bb10, I would have thought it might have lasted a bit longer than it has.
    09-30-20 08:06 AM
    I hadn't heard of that but i've had a little look and it looks really interesting, I might have to think about that one. Thanks for the info!

Its a shame about bb10, I would have thought it might have lasted a bit longer than it has.
    I think @BronzeBeard was the one I heard about it from

Eight or nine years from BB10 is pretty long run.......
    09-30-20 11:30 AM
    Yeah I suppose your right, there's no use complaining is there?
    09-30-20 02:48 PM
    Yeah I suppose your right, there's no use complaining is there?
    Complaining is free here, just don't gnash your teeth as dental plans aren't offered by CB Forums anymore.
    09-30-20 04:26 PM

I think @BronzeBeard was the one I heard about it from

I have one (the Braveheart edition). It's getting fairly close to being workable as a practical day-to-day device, but it's not quite there yet.
    09-30-20 05:39 PM
    I have one (the Braveheart edition). It's getting fairly close to being workable as a practical day-to-day device, but it's not quite there yet.
    Sorry about that. I think you mentioned and I forgot.
    09-30-20 05:41 PM
    Sorry about that. I think you mentioned and I forgot.
    People keep apologizing to me in this thread! I'm the Canadian, dammit!
    09-30-20 07:10 PM
    People keep apologizing to me in this thread! I'm the Canadian, dammit!
    LOL
    09-30-20 09:16 PM
    Interesting. In what way is it not quite there? Is it stable enough to use as "just a phone"? I assume it's a bit of a constant fiddle to get programmes and the like working on it?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-20 09:04 AM
    Interesting. In what way is it not quite there? Is it stable enough to use as "just a phone"? I assume it's a bit of a constant fiddle to get programmes and the like working on it?

Posted via CB10
    In some of the OSes, all the basic features work (don't count on much for apps -- and some interfaces are really awkward and/or prone to stutter/lag). But for me, when I'm using Sailfish, which is the smoothest and most polished, network connectivity occasionally goes on the fritz (it completely loses the SIM). When that's fixed, it could be a usable device, if your needs are modest.

I'm waiting for the clamshell keyboard. When it comes out, I plan to use the device as an on-the-go laptop.
    10-01-20 09:58 AM