I have a 7290 and would like to run a RESET to delete all existing contacts etc,
    is there a key function for this.

Thanks
    05-18-09 08:12 PM
    Sorry, this won't help you but I have been trying to do full reset for my problem 7290. May I sit in please.Blackberry 7290 Orange PAYG. Showing "Device error 400" on BB screen changes to hourglass upon push to scroll wheel then reverts to error message.
    This continues ad infinitum. Removing battery stops the cycle. Replacing battery starts the cycle. Leaving batter out overnight
    does not stop the cycle.
    I don't recall any reason for this happening, however the BB is set to update software automatically. Unfortunately I cant get
    any menu to check settings.
    There it is, comments anyone, thank you.
    Patrick
    05-19-09 12:41 AM
    hello, have just done a cold reset by googling 'blackberry 7290 orange device software' and installing relevant software from blackberry site. you need to install the correct software for your service provider so change orange to your service provider when googling.
    patrick
    05-19-09 07:12 AM
    have you gone to options, then security options, then general settings then menu then wipe handheld.

I think that is the location of the device wipe, which will erase all your information
    05-19-09 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD