Hi everyone... I have done alot of research on this and other forums, and have recently bought a BB 7520 and use my Boost card in it (Boostberry)
    I works great so far!! I have a few question I would like to ask though.. this is what I have so far:

Opera Mini (FREE)
    Hello World GPS (FREE)
    iSkoot for Skype (FREE)
    JiveTalk (Free to try 19.95 license) (I lovr it, and its worth it)
    IMobileMail (Free to try) its ok.. but you have to pay
    Google maps (FREE) it only gov me an option for BT GPS though.. did I install the wrong one??

My questions are....

1. I have seen somewhere before that there is a workaround or fix so you can download OTA.. (currently while browsing in Opera and you try to DL OTA it opens BB Browser and says no service) I know I have seen that its possible to fix this, BUT can't find it now.. Any Ideas??

2. What other OTA programs are any of you currently using on your 7520.
    3. Which is better 7520 or 7100? I ordered a 7100 it should be here soon
    4. Is there a way to link / Sync my outlook contacts and calender eith my BB with my setup

Thanks for any advice and help!!!
    08-07-08 11:39 PM
    Come on.. there has to be other BoostBerry users out there!
    08-08-08 01:24 PM
    wow never thought i would see a boostberry post here my first blackberry was a boostberry 7100i i had all the apps you are currently running and i never found away to download OTA but i was able to set up microsoft outlook to sync my contacts,notes,tasks etc. i was able to install themes via DM. i couldn't take it though i wanted to used my blackberry for what it was meant to be used for. so i upgraded to 8700g and switched carriers but it was fun having a boostberry
    Last edited by cinnamin; 08-11-08 at 01:48 AM. Reason: added more words
    08-11-08 01:44 AM
    I get frustrated too.. BUT I am still having fun with it.. I have found for around 9 buvks a month I can buy blackberry BES.. through 3rd party companies like mailstreet.com and others... I am still looking into it, but the support guy said yes it will work on my setup..

I will let you all know!
    08-13-08 11:36 PM
    I got a Blackberry 7520 and did some research online on how to hook up txtn and web browsing and such. No luck yet. My head is hurting from looking at the computer screen for so long trying to find something that will help me get this going. I cannot access the web to download any 3rd party programs for this. I do have the boost web available on my account. Can someone please help me get this going. I need step by step or something.

Thanks,
    Tanya
    08-18-08 11:19 PM
    Hi, I just purchased a blackberry 7520 and im trying to make it a boostberry. I am totally clueless about how to do anything as far as getting rid of the IT policy or if it even has one. Can someone help me out with this? I would greatly appreciate it.
    10-11-08 09:30 PM
    I purchased my first Nextel Blackberry 7100i on Ebay and after getting a new battery and finding a charger from a friend I was able with much help from you guys on the forums and trying it many times over a rainy weekend to connect it to Boost Mobile and create a BoostBerry. Great!

After a month, my screen on the 7100i died - bad lcd - couldn't return it to ebay so I went looking to find a Nextel 7100i - this time with a warranty. Not easy to find. Idid locate one place that sells Boostberry 7100i with a one year warranty - www boostberry com

Has anyone heard about them? are they reliable?

thanx
    04-30-09 01:04 PM
    is the 7100 service books the same as the 8350 and the 7520? just wondering i wanna flash 1 4 my co worker, i have the 8350 so i know it can work on it and seen the 7520s but the 7100 not so sure
    07-11-09 12:41 PM
    Hi, I just purchased a blackberry 7520 and im trying to make it a boostberry. I am totally clueless about how to do anything.
    I'm right there with you! New to all of this. I bought my 7520 off of ebay and they told me that I could have this up and running with something like Opera and I've only run into trouble.
    08-02-09 12:55 PM
    well i got my 7100 i boostberry , today software already on it
    dont really know whats in it i see weather eye and ooera mini , i had my daughter send me a text , i got it , but i dont know how to reply ? it say " no mms service record, message cannot be sent , only able to save to draft?......HeLp!?!
    08-07-09 07:46 PM
    ok everybody here is your answers!
    *service books*
    you gotta swap out and in new service books,tehn register your imei with boost.
    after this your(all)blackberrys will work and be a boostberry!
    08-09-09 05:36 PM
    I really wish you would just help me get to where you are now. I have just got a 7520 and boost sim. Phone works great, just want all the other goodies. Need to know every thing to what desk top manager to use, then just good instructions from there.

Thanks,
    Pokerface251
    08-12-09 08:16 PM
    ok everybody here is your answers!
    *service books*
    you gotta swap out and in new service books,tehn register your imei with boost.
    after this your(all)blackberrys will work and be a boostberry!
    ok how do i register my imei with boost???
    09-02-09 12:20 PM
    ok I have not figured out all this stuff yet, on day 2 reading and researching before making an attempt...one ?, when you download and open the zip file I saw on here to re set service book, IS IT SUPPOST TO BE A WORD DOC.?

THANKS AND MAY ATTEMPT SOON!!
    09-02-09 07:59 PM
    when you download and open the zip file I saw on here to re set service book, IS IT SUPPOST TO BE A WORD DOC.?
    No....When you download and unzip or extract all files it should be a file named Combined3.ipd
    09-07-09 08:54 PM
    I got myself a bkackberry 7520 and I got all the stuff up and going I think I didgood putting every thing up and running. I am just wandering if there is a way to make the ringtones louder?
    09-08-09 10:23 PM
    i just purchased a 7100 i and linked it up with boost but after a few minutes the phone gets text saying that the phone is registered with the wireless carrier . and then it stops working please advise . if i restart the phone it works but after a few minutes i get a message saying router at runnull reset any suggestions ?
    12-04-09 10:08 PM
    I purchased my first Nextel Blackberry 7100i on Ebay and after getting a new battery and finding a charger from a friend I was able with much help from you guys on the forums and trying it many times over a rainy weekend to connect it to Boost Mobile and create a BoostBerry. Great!

After a month, my screen on the 7100i died - bad lcd - couldn't return it to ebay so I went looking to find a Nextel 7100i - this time with a warranty. Not easy to find. Idid locate one place that sells Boostberry 7100i with a one year warranty - www boostberry com

Has anyone heard about them? are they reliable?

thanx
    i refurbish and programm blackberries for boost i can get you new display screen if you need one
    12-06-09 05:51 PM
    Anyone need help with their boostberry let me know.....
    12-09-09 11:52 AM
    i need help i cant find out how to download the service books
    12-26-09 10:52 PM
    i went to the sites and its not downloadin on my cpu
    12-26-09 10:52 PM
    Anyone need help with their boostberry let me know.....
    Yes, I got a BB 8530i (Boostberry) since two weeks ago, still I'm unable to connect to internet and send o recive messages.

I have unlimited internet plan, I called Boost costumer service and they said I have internet signal, mi phone signal shows NXTL.

I hope you can help me with this...

Thanks.
    12-27-09 12:16 AM
    I have the Nextel 7100i running on the boost network. I liked it so much I bought a used 8350i tonight and will flash it to be used on Boost also. The 7100i is nice but it's archaic compared to the 8350i. I had a Motorola i776 and was not pleased at all. Even though the 7100i doesn't have a camera or a MP3 player it's still better than the phone I had before. You guys have been a wealth of information and i now have a new hobby.
    01-17-10 12:56 AM
    why in the world would you use a prepaid service ripoff like boost on a blackberry???
    01-19-10 08:56 AM
    I have searched the internet and It is possible and there are alot of people who use it. Ive searched the web workaround and the sms workaround. But my questions is, if I buy the BB 8350i would I have to buy it unlocked? Or would I have to unlock it myself or is it possible to convert it without unlocking it.
    01-29-10 11:47 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD