Hi. I'm really looking to try to get a Blackberry 7520 to use with Boost Mobile, mostly for internet but also for a cellphone. In the most of the eBay descriptions of the 7520 they say that only some can use data. Does anyone know what that means? I don't want to buy the wrong Blackberry.
    04-17-09 02:03 PM
    If you configure it correctly, any 7520 can browse (using Opera) and handle data. No SMS texting of course (unless and until someone figures it out). I can't get over-the-air downloads either. Still working on getting mine fully set up though.
    06-03-09 10:20 PM
    the new 8350i is your best bet for Boost. Everything works 100%. I just got mine the other day off of ebay, Overnight shipped for $237
    06-06-09 01:01 AM
    Hi. I'm really looking to try to get a Blackberry 7520 to use with Boost Mobile, mostly for internet but also for a cellphone. In the most of the eBay descriptions of the 7520 they say that only some can use data. Does anyone know what that means? I don't want to buy the wrong Blackberry.
    Go to eBay and search eBay member ourworldphones, he will sell you a 7520 that works with boost. - preinstalled software like gmail, google map/gps, AOL IM etc, and even with OTA downloads.

The answer to your question is, some 7520 have not been cleaned up properly to work with boost
    06-12-09 04:31 PM
    the new 8350i is your best bet for Boost. Everything works 100%. I just got mine the other day off of ebay, Overnight shipped for $237
    When you say everything works 100%, do you have native SMS working with the 8350i like any regular phone. Because my colleague at work has one, and everything works - OTA, gmail, internet/opera mini and native browser but SMS doesn't work!
    06-12-09 04:34 PM
    If you configure it correctly, any 7520 can browse (using Opera) and handle data. No SMS texting of course (unless and until someone figures it out). I can't get over-the-air downloads either. Still working on getting mine fully set up though.
    Check out posting titled "7520 SMS workaround" in a few days, I'll be posting some good info about OTA download fixes and SMS
    06-12-09 04:35 PM
    why is everybody saying it can't be done??i recent;y purchased a blackberry 7520. went to get it flashed from a dude "WHO CLAIMED" he's the only one in louisville,ky who can fully flash nextel blackberry's to boost.i didnt believe it at first,but the hour wait PAID OFF...I HAVE FULL TEXTING SMS AND MMS no work arounds!! WEB BROWSER WORKS,WAITT LEMME REPHRASE THE ORIGINAL NEXTEL WEB BROWSER WORKS!!! BUT I LIKE OPERA MINI BETTER SO I DOWNLOADED 4.2..LOL ANYWWAYS it can be done...one thing he told me was he makes his own service books..!!!well orth 50 dollars!!
    11-22-09 03:18 AM
    I love my phone but wondering how to download ringtones i have tried all the sites and having no luck hhhhheeeeellllllpppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and sorry if it has been discussed already i am new here and dont know where to look.
    12-06-09 08:24 AM
    The 7520 was my favorite Nextel Blackberry. Durable as heck and made better than the junk they make today!
    12-08-09 02:01 PM
    I have the 7520 Boostberry and everything works also have the software and the instructions needed for BB Browser and SMS/MMS to work.....get at me if you need help
    12-09-09 11:49 AM
    you pay to much i got mine working for free dude
    12-16-09 03:52 PM
    What needs to be done in order for the 7520 to be fully functional? I have one that I want to use with my boost account. Any help would be great.
    12-29-09 01:59 PM
    Hi. I'm a BB newborn. I have a fully loaded 7520 with Opera Mini, etc., and I have no idea how to begin doing anything other than making a phone call. Would someone kindly direct me to easily understood instructions?

Also, I am trying to decide whether to buy an 8350i with the regualr plan or the new 8330 from Boost for $60/month. Would someone either direct me to an answer elsewhere, or else summarize the pros and cons? (Remember-I don't know any of the lingo yet, so I don't understand the thread that discusses this. I need Boostberry 101speak!) Thanks!
    01-24-10 06:52 PM
    Can anyone tell me where to find the service packs? I have deleted and restored min so many times trying to get the hotspot browser to work...I think some of mine are missing....I have everything working except the SMS and the MMS. Please Help????
    02-17-10 10:17 AM
    I have the 7520 Boostberry and everything works also have the software and the instructions needed for BB Browser and SMS/MMS to work.....get at me if you need help
    I'm having issues doing this. I did all the steps like deleting the browser, restarting it, legacy restore ect. Problem is when I get to that point where you go into the application loader to check next to browser java and help it doesn't show up at all. Just my other applications. I'm using desktop manager 4.6. All the service books are there but no browser. It sucks cause I like my bb7520. Do you know what I can do to get the browser on so I can have NOL browser and mms working again?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 01:31 AM
    is someone willing to email me step by step instructions on how to make my bb7520 fully functional on a boost plan? i keep reading all these posts, but i'm totally new to the blackberry world. My husband has an older nextel phone with the boost plan, and it works just fine, so that's why i bought my bb7520 because i was naive, and thought it would work just like my husbands phone. please. step by step instructions! i heard you have to flash the bb7520 over to boost or something? something anything that anyone knows about blackberries 7520 and how to make them FULLY FUNCTIONAL on a boost mobile plan, please email me!
    "[email protected]" i don't care if i have to use beat around the bush ways to use my bb.. i just want my moneys worth. Thank you!
    03-31-10 04:17 PM
    Need help with ringtones for my Boostberry. Can I only do this through Blackberry Desktop Manager? My phone won't allow me to open the downloaded ringtones from the forum. When I try to open them I get a Web Security message. I need a ringtone, please help?
    06-22-10 11:07 AM
    why is everybody saying it can't be done??i recent;y purchased a blackberry 7520. went to get it flashed from a dude "WHO CLAIMED" he's the only one in louisville,ky who can fully flash nextel blackberry's to boost.i didnt believe it at first,but the hour wait PAID OFF...I HAVE FULL TEXTING SMS AND MMS no work arounds!! WEB BROWSER WORKS,WAITT LEMME REPHRASE THE ORIGINAL NEXTEL WEB BROWSER WORKS!!! BUT I LIKE OPERA MINI BETTER SO I DOWNLOADED 4.2..LOL ANYWWAYS it can be done...one thing he told me was he makes his own service books..!!!well orth 50 dollars!!
    Where in Louisville?!?!?!
    I found a guy on ebay, but I would love to find someone with these skills locally.
    09-13-10 08:58 PM
    hey how you did that ? email me the detail if possible.
    11-20-10 02:24 PM
    When I do the lecacy sb restore nothing happens for my 7520. please help
    11-24-10 08:11 PM
    If my legacy sb restore wont enable what can i do
    11-24-10 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD