I have an older blackberry a 7290 that I got for a trial run to see if all the extra functionality would really even be all that useful, anyway, here's my question. Do you need a data plan in order to transfer files via my macbook to my BB? I can get the computer and phone to recognize one another but it won't transfer any files.

Thanks for any help
    10-25-08 09:24 PM
    Your BlackBerry may not have the ability to transfer files via bluetooth, depending on what OS version it has. It needs at least OS 4.1. Here's a relevant link: BlackBerry Search Results
    10-25-08 10:50 PM
    hey thanks for the help, it looks like I just had version 4.0, one other question now, since bluetooth doesn't work I can't seem to figure out how to tranfer the OS from a mac via usb
    10-26-08 12:33 AM
    You can't install an OS from a Mac by USB or Bluetooth. You have to use Desktop Manager and a PC. Desktop Manager doesn't run on a Mac. Installing an OS requires the OS to be installed on a PC, then installed from the PC by Desktop Manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-08 08:20 AM
    You'll need Windows to install an OS, but you can do it in a VM. I've used VMWare on Linux in the past to install OSes on my Curve.
    10-27-08 07:32 PM
    With the 7290 the bb can only be used for headsets as far as i know.
    12-23-08 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD