I have done some searching for whitescreen of death and such and tried most of what I saw...

I am able to run JL CmDER and get screen shots of the blackberry and I can hit buttons and take another screenshot to confirm the phone is taking input...

but the screen is white...no words...my daughter tells me she was using it and all of a sudden "white screen"....

i have tried erasing it, reinstalling the OS...several times thinking there might have been something wrong...I took it apart and checked the cable at the top but didn't see anything wrong.

I am definately out of warranty since I bought it from craigslist and she has abused it (which I'm not happy about)...

is there anything else I should/can look for???? The phone looks like it would work great if the screen would just work...

might be a good phone for tethering if possible or just making/recieving voicecalls...only problem is is that she uses it for texting..ah.

Anyway...hate to see it out of service..any help is appreciated.
    08-06-09 12:23 AM
    Is this about a blackberry pearl or the blackberry 8703?
    09-10-09 09:58 AM
    should be about the 8703 since it is in the old blackberry section.................

if its for a pearl your in the wrong spot,

as far as tethering!!! not too many people want to pay $60/m to teather a device that doesnt work and run the current speed (rev.a)

the screen itself could be bad by the way... someone correct me if im wrong but the backlight creates the white screen and then the screen will change what the viewer sees so if the screen is bad and backlight is on than its white... which explains why a lot of WATER DAMAGED phones will light up white.

I was thrown into a jello pool while recording with the phone so the phone wasnt even in my pocket and it got soaked screen stopped working but was still lit white. The phone was ringing etc so I replaced the screen with a spare and I was fine... you need to be very very careful replacing the screen on a pearl though... and it may stick to the metal tray which might cause you to crack it when you remove it... which I guess doesnt really matter if its bad. Just be carefull with the new one and its a pain in the but connecting the cable correctly...

word of advice power up the device before you put it back together if you are going to do that...
    09-20-09 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD