looking for a desktop manager suited for that phone(and for the phone apps also), according to blackberryforums.com, it needs Version 3.7.1 to Version 4.0.2*
    Don't know how much true is it but a phone has not been recognized by versions 3.5, 4.2 and 7.1

BTW if anybody could enlighten me, what was the most common way for installing phone apps in those days, through desktop manager?
    03-11-18 05:31 AM
    BTW if anybody could enlighten me, what was the most common way for installing phone apps in those days, through desktop manager?
    Yes. You may find something here but since you were non-specific about the device, hard to say - https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...B73B97E1AAA491 Your best bet is look for carrier software download sites like 'BlackBerry 7700 software Rogers' or 'BlackBerry 7700 software AT&T' etc. The links on the actual BlackBerry site have long since disappeared or link nowhere.
    03-12-18 02:32 AM
    Bla1ze, thanks for the link my phone is 7730(vodafone). I managed to download something with filename 7700M_PBr4.0.2_rel49_PL1.6.1.51_A4.0.2.35_O2_UK (I checked similar vodafone page, there is only 7.1 there). Installed it, after that WIndows started to show "Blackberry device" upon putting it to a cradle. However no desktop software seems to have been installed. I tried to install desktop software after installing that package but all of them still do not see device.
    What could be a package I downloaded all about? It is some sort of driver?
    03-12-18 06:45 AM
    What could be a package I downloaded all about? It is some sort of driver?
    No idea. What OS is your computer on? Most of BlackBerry's older apps and such don't work on anything past Windows 8 without a ton of hassle. If you're on Windows 10, forget it. Even BlackBerry Link isn't technically supported lol.
    03-12-18 12:54 PM
    If you're on Windows 10, forget it. Even BlackBerry Link isn't technically supported lol.
    ohh, I should have guessed it ), yep Win10. Thanks for the hint, will try when I get my hands on some vintage PC
    03-12-18 03:51 PM
    Hello, I don't know if anyone has a solution to this problem: my old BB 8830 will not sync to my desktop anymore, so that I may transfer all the address book to my another BB 8830 I have or to a new Verizon prepaid phone. I tried the old Blackberry user tools disk, and I also tried the new disk supplied with my newer BB 8830. No dice. Neither will successfully load to my desktop, so I may sync the data to a new phone. This is what the Blackberry website states: “"BlackBerry Desktop Manager is no longer supported by BlackBerry." So, in your expert option, how do I get the address book + my full calendar schedule transferred to a newer phone. I would like to avoid having to re-enter all the information, full calendar schedule etc, into a new cell phone. Any solutions you can think of to this problem? I am not technically sophisticated, so please explain in detail if you know the answer to this data transfer dilemma. Thanks a lot!
    09-13-18 05:47 PM