I have an old 7250, which has been inactive for about 2 years. My current problem is that it is not booting up, at all (there is nothing on the screen). Also, the LED is pulsating - dim, bright, dim, bright. I replaced the screen yesterday and then when I started it up it gave me an hourglass for a long time, but eventually booted up and was functioning fine. I connected it to my computers with Bluetooth and then I went to browse old pictures that I had on it and when I opened one of them it went back to the hourglass for a long time. After it came back on I tried to do a backup with the Desktop Manager and it froze and started a repeating boot cycle and the backup failed. I tried Alt+Caps+Del to reboot, but that did nothing. I took the battery out for a while and the replaced it, now it only flashes (more dims then flashes) sometimes fast and sometimes slow. When I first put the battery back in (or connect to the USB port for power) it starts with a slow flashing, then eventually speeds up.

History:
    The reason I stopped using it was because Bell (Aliant at that time) decided to update my Blackberry. After that update it got REALLY slow, to the point where it would take minutes to do anything. I ended up breaking the screen shortly after, so I just switched phones. I bought a new screen for it and replaced it yesterday and then it was fine until it refused to boot up.

I have tried removing the battery, leaving it on over night, my computer will not detect it any more (USB or Bluetooth), so I can not update anything. As far as I know there is no physical damage to the unit, but I am thinking it may have had something to do with the bad update that Aliant did to my phone. I was inside a mall, which has poor reception when they first tried to update it and I had to walk outside and wait while they remained on the phone with tech support. I don't even know why they decided to update my phone.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me! If you need any more information, just let me know!
    02-26-10 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD