Hi,

First time in the forums.

Just recently acquired a second hand 7230 and it has an IT policy. Blackberry Desktop can't see the device due to it only running v4.0 and the old method on the board of replacing Policy manager with policy.bin, the download link is no longer active for policy.bin.

So, is there anyone who would be able to help me with this problem?

Thanks for reading.
    06-03-20 05:04 AM
    What is your goal here.... would a 7230 even work in your market, as the network capabilities are limited.
    06-04-20 07:51 AM
    2G still works in the UK. I buy joblots of untested/faulty phones and then sell on what I can salvage/repair. This was in there, had a 507 error, reinstalled the OS on it but unfortunately found the IT policy on it.

I actually managed to find a policy.bin file but "modern" versions of Desktop Software don't have Policy Manager in the registry edit, so I think I'm at an impasse unless someone has a 2003 copy of Desktop Manager kicking about somewhere (and that isn't happening).
    06-04-20 02:17 PM
    2G still works in the UK. I buy joblots of untested/faulty phones and then sell on what I can salvage/repair. This was in there, had a 507 error, reinstalled the OS on it but unfortunately found the IT policy on it.

I actually managed to find a policy.bin file but "modern" versions of Desktop Software don't have Policy Manager in the registry edit, so I think I'm at an impasse unless someone has a 2003 copy of Desktop Manager kicking about somewhere (and that isn't happening).
    I got you fam, http://www.mediafire.com/file/xnp2tf...nager.exe/file

4.5 works fine with the 7230. If you need older let me know though, i've got version 2 and 3. as well To wipe the it policy you'll need a program called crackutil, which you can get here- http://www.mediafire.com/file/d12b1i...kUtil.exe/file

Just plug it in and look for the option that says remove it policy of the sort, and there ya go! Do note it will wipe it so if you've anything on there you'll need to back it up.

BTW, you'll probably want some modded service books to browse the web and MMS, and load up opera. The opera that is on their site doesn't work with it, you'll need a slightly older one. I don't know it off the top of my head but I'll fire up my 7280 in a bit and see what i have
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-10-20 06:16 PM
    The desktop manager should recognise the device regardless of OS version. I have os 3.7 connecting just fine. Install desktop manager 4.5 and if it fails to find the drivers when you plug in the device, search for them manually in C:/program files (x86)/common files/research in motion/USB drivers

Once connected to the Desktop manager use crackutil or Policy.bin trick
    06-12-20 11:00 AM
    Hope the OP comes back to get the help you guys offered.... if not it's there for anyone else to find.
    06-12-20 11:20 AM
    Hi,

First time in the forums.

Just recently acquired a second hand 7230 and it has an IT policy. Blackberry Desktop can't see the device due to it only running v4.0 and the old method on the board of replacing Policy manager with policy.bin, the download link is no longer active for policy.bin.

So, is there anyone who would be able to help me with this problem?

Thanks for reading.
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!! Post early and post often.......
    06-13-20 11:19 AM
    Thanks imradlol!

Will try this ASAP.
    06-14-20 09:33 AM
    Hi,

Crackutil wasn't any help as reset IT policy only works with OS 4.3 or above. Policy.bin was fruitless as well, will just whack in the faulty pile.

Thanks anyway though, I do appreciate the assistance.
    06-15-20 05:02 AM
    Hi,

Crackutil wasn't any help as reset IT policy only works with OS 4.3 or above. Policy.bin was fruitless as well, will just whack in the faulty pile.

Thanks anyway though, I do appreciate the assistance.
    Don't give up! Use my policy file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gic...ew?usp=sharing

Copy both files to c:\ and run policy.reg (make sure the desktop manager is closed, use version 4.5) then start desktop manager. If the phone has a password on it, make sure the screen is UNLOCKED. Connect the USB cable, when asked if you want to backup the device, say no and wait. The policy will be pushed. Go to settings > Owner. If you see some UK address there, the policy was pushed. In rare cases restrictions will remain even if the policy was pushed, but that is very rare.

A easy way to push the policy is to wipe the device (if it has a password, put the wrong password 10 times) then after the device restarts and asks you to set a new password, ignore the message and connect it to the PC for the process to begin.

I used this method on many 7230 and even older models like the 5820.
    06-16-20 04:11 PM
    Don't give up! Use my policy file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gic...ew?usp=sharing

Copy both files to c:\ and run policy.reg (make sure the desktop manager is closed, use version 4.5) then start desktop manager. If the phone has a password on it, make sure the screen is UNLOCKED. Connect the USB cable, when asked if you want to backup the device, say no and wait. The policy will be pushed. Go to settings > Owner. If you see some UK address there, the policy was pushed. In rare cases restrictions will remain even if the policy was pushed, but that is very rare.

A easy way to push the policy is to wipe the device (if it has a password, put the wrong password 10 times) then after the device restarts and asks you to set a new password, ignore the message and connect it to the PC for the process to begin.

I used this method on many 7230 and even older models like the 5820.
    THANK YOU! I've been trying to find that file all day
    06-19-20 11:47 AM
    THANK YOU! I've been trying to find that file all day
    Glad to help!
    06-19-20 03:49 PM