Hello all, hopefully I can get some help here.

I have a Blackberry Bold 9000. It had been working fairly well, besides the odd time that it froze up and I had to restart it. I was charging it and went to use it, but the whole phone looks dead, except for the red LED in the corner that flashes once and then again three times, in that sequence over and over again.

I've looked around on the internet and it appears that it may be a problem with the operating system(?) I've tried taking out the battery and reinserting it. Didn't work. I left the battery out over night and reinserting it. Didn't work. I had the battery out all day today and then reinserted it. Didn't work. I have Blackberry Desktop Manager on my computer but my phone won't connect to it. I open the program and it just says "Before you begin, verify that your current Blackberry device is connected to your computer." However, it won't connect at all. It won't let me even access the "Options" button in the corner. I've tried reinstalling the DM with no success.

The DM just does not read the phone at all

I've seen a number of steps that other people have used to try to fix their dead phones. However, they always seem to have some process to do with AppLoader or the Desktop Manager (which are not working for me).
    03-15-12 12:44 AM
    I hope you have a recent back-up, it sounds like its nuked. Don't worry though, search for the blackberry 101 series, and find the article "How to restore a nuked blackberry"

or I'll just save you the trouble. Clicky here:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    03-15-12 01:00 AM
    I do have it backed up, trouble is I don't get the white screen with the hourglass....it is just dead as a dodo
    03-15-12 01:28 AM
    I'll assume the battery is fully charged (if not charge it up for an hour or so).

On your computer do this:
    erase any existing BB OS you may have on your computer.
    download and install BBSAK (Blackberry Swiss Army Knife).
    download and install the latest OS for your device and carrier. (If nothing else you can get it from Blackberry.com) And yes, you do need to actually install the OS on your computer before you can install it on your BB

After that, follow the link I gave you above. I hope this helps! (And its been a while since I've done this, so I hope someone else can come along and walk you through it. Although the Blackberry 101 link is pretty clear.)

Good Luck, let me know if you need more help, I'll do my best to get your rolling again!
    03-16-12 12:56 PM
    Sorry for the delay dancing-bass. I have done everything you suggested. When I was doing step 2 of the BB 101 for nuked BB I plugged the phone in whilst I was running apploader and I was supposed to click "next" when Comm 1 changed to "no connection detected" ( or whatever). But the apploader didn't even allow me to put COMM 1 in the box. It didn't recognise my phone was connected at all. I'm at a total loss...any more ideas?? I note there seem to be hundreds of people who have suffered this exact same problem for no reason , before me.
    03-19-12 12:09 AM
    I recall having to play with the Comm settings as well at one point (I think I had mine set to 5 and 6, but I'm not sure...)

The "bright" side is you can't bork your phone more then it already is. Keep trying, use Comm 2 through 8 if you have to. (Change it, try again, if it doesn't work, try the next comm port number)

As well (something I just thought of) it might be that your USB cable is bad (not allowing the computer to connect to the phone) or the USB port on the phone itself could have crapped out. Not likely on either of these, but it wouldn't hurt to try a new/different USB cable and plug it into a different USB port on the computer.

Keep digging my friend. Google works too.

Keep me updated, I'll try to remember to do some research for you in the morning
    03-20-12 12:17 AM
    Try plugging in your phone again. If the desktop manager starts, close it down. Run BBSAK. If it recognises your phone, we're in luck. We can wipe and install an OS using that.

Let me know bud, I hope we can get you up and running.
    03-20-12 12:26 AM
    I tried to use the app loader but at the communication port selection it shows no connection port. I have tried it with battery out and battery in. I have both the desktop software and os software newly installed. Help!
    07-06-12 09:10 PM
    Might want to put this in the 9000 section
    07-07-12 10:07 PM
    my bb bold 9700 has been working for some time now but went off now it tries to load and then goes off and restarts again
    01-05-13 05:03 AM
    even me i have that problem so is your phone (bb9000) get working??? plz help me
    05-17-13 01:57 AM
    check the link i have post something good for you i have create some steps for you to make it easy.

blackberry bold 9000 start up/battery problem | Beta Article

start recovering your data now with smile and don't forget to give me feedback there
    08-21-13 05:23 AM
    i just put my bb 9000 on charge via usb cable for whole night , on next day my mobile didn't worked , its shows only black screen , no white screen no errors nothing , some times it blinks 3 times , sometimes it do not blinks and somethimes it blnks for 10 secs continously , have tried every thing , bbsak , dekstop software , app loader , app updater , blackberry master control program but couldnt found my device (with and without battery) in all of these softwares , No unkown device 0 bla bla nothing , i just want to recover it , if any one of u will help then ill b thankful to them , really thankful , Please Healp if u can !!
    07-17-14 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD