Just tried upgrading OSto 4.5 - got stuck at wait for device initialization - said I needed to enter a PW??? We I clicked cancel and the it said I would have to restore using document loader backup. Could not ge that to run so I went through all the step to revive a nuked BB - and it said it updated OS sucessfully - problem is it's still dead. Not even a white screen - just the red led flashes once in a while (not rapid - it's on for about 5 sec - off for about 20 sec). I pulled battery - nothing.

Anyone know whats up or how to fix? My 8310 died and I bought this on ebay - brand new old stock - worked perfect with the 4.1 OS - too bad grass was greener on the other side of the pasture - now I have nothing.

Someone please help.

Many thanks in advance.
    12-10-09 10:00 PM
    Got it going again - downloaded 4.1 (Cingular / original) from BB site and reinstalled - oh well - no $.5 but at least it works.
    12-11-09 08:03 AM
    Hi,
    One of my friend is having BlackBerry 8700.Yesterday,he plugged it into the home charger,the screen went blank,red light flashed,and then a big battery symbol with a red line appeared in the middle of the screen.The background of the screen remains lit in BRIGHT white with the symbol on the whole time.So I want to know whether this mobile is going to work now or it is dead,need your help.Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    12-23-09 04:00 AM
    Hi,
    One of my friend is having BlackBerry 8700.Yesterday,he plugged it into the home charger,the screen went blank,red light flashed,and then a big battery symbol with a red line appeared in the middle of the screen.The background of the screen remains lit in BRIGHT white with the symbol on the whole time.So I want to know whether this mobile is going to work now or it is dead,need your help.Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    It may just have a truly dead battery. like can't be charged again, get a new one, dead.
    12-23-09 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD