Hello there. My BB 7290 worked fine for months, but now for some reason I don't know, when I run opera or logicmail, there's the message that no access is allowed by the IT Staff. I have OS 4.10.351 Platform 1.8.0.149 .

I tried the following stuff I found through searchin' here:

- Handheld Wipe / Re-install
    - Policy.bin

What do I have to do to make it work again?

Sincerly,

Spellbreaker
    09-16-09 01:33 PM
    Are you using a corporate device? If so, it sounds like the IT dept has changed the BES restrictions. Your only recourse (if that's the case) is to ask them to give you access, or buy your own device. You won't be able to bypass an IT Policy.
    09-16-09 01:37 PM
    I'm not using any of the BES Functions, i bought the device on Ebay months ago... I followed the instructions of uploading the policy.bin from this board on the Phone, but it did not help
    09-16-09 01:57 PM
    So you are not using the device on a corporate network? Did you install any new apps recently? Go to Options / Status and type BUYR. Do you see any additional lines added that refer to IT Policy?
    09-16-09 02:06 PM
    Yes there's like "IT policy Active" in english. For both data and voice.

The only thing I changed the last days was an newer version of Opera. That worked, but a day later it did not anymore :|
    09-16-09 02:10 PM
    So you are not using the device on a corporate network? Did you install any new apps recently? Go to Options / Status and type BUYR. Do you see any additional lines added that refer to IT Policy?
    Hey Jeff - Neat trick with the BUYR. I learned something new today.thanks!
    09-16-09 02:36 PM
    Yes there's like "IT policy Active" in english. For both data and voice.

The only thing I changed the last days was an newer version of Opera. That worked, but a day later it did not anymore :|
    Here's the link to the IT Policy removal procedure: Removing an IT Policy from a BlackBerry phone. You will see that it requires you to be running OS 4.3 or later to use it. You can download the latest OS from here: BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites. It appears from a quick look that the latest OS for the 7290 is 4.1.0.377. Unfortunately that means you won't be able to use the only procedure that is known to work for IT Policy removal.

You might try uninstalling the new software and see if it takes the IT Policy with it. Other than that, I don't have anything else to suggest.
    09-16-09 04:48 PM
    Hello hello!

Just for future Reference, here's how I got it working again:

1. I wiped the complete Device using CracUtil / Wipe Filesystem

2. Re-Installed the OS using AppLoader ( usually in /Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion )

3. Followed the "Removing an IT Policy" How-To ( can't post links )

In BUYR there is still the information that a Policy is active, but Opera Mini and LogicMail are both working.

Thanks for your tips
    09-17-09 10:47 AM
    I'm really glad you were successful. I didn't have much hope, given your OS challenge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD